Ramon Urias 2022

Pushmonkey

1 minute ago, Just Regular said:

I read my MASN graphics yesterday :)

Mateo is playing his way towards me being content with him as one-third of the 2023 bench, especially as Vavra's back and Jahmai's elbow ligaments seem not to want to cooperate.

I missed those. Was basically about range and strength of throws?

2 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

He was #1 MLB-wide in Defensive Runs Saved, whoever's defensive metric that is.

Statcast OAA has him comfortably in the top half of MLB shortstops so far this year.

Ok, thanks. I'm in NYC and watch / listen to the YES & WCBS broadcasts when the O's are playing the Yankees and their announcers were constantly impressed by Mateo's glove, speed, and potential offense (esp. since it gave them an opportunity to bemoan the Y's giving up on him).

3 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Ok, thanks. I'm in NYC and watch / listen to the YES & WCBS broadcasts when the O's are playing the Yankees and their announcers were constantly impressed by Mateo's glove, speed, and potential offense (esp. since it gave them an opportunity to bemoan the Y's giving up on him).

He's a toolshed and I'm happy with him taking the SS reps this summer but even with the good stretches doesn't look like a strong Plan A on balance for next season.    Still this is moment of his baseball life and a lot of season left to grow with the regular job.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

He's a toolshed and I'm happy with him taking the SS reps this summer but even with the good stretches doesn't look like a strong Plan A on balance for next season.    Still this is moment of his baseball life and a lot of season left to grow with the regular job.

I like your term "toolshed" as opposed to well-honed machine.

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

Urias' 765 OPS in May is 3rd best on the club and pretty close to his 773 OPS last year.

Yes, and he hit into very bad luck in April.  Hopefully what we’ve seen in May will be about what we see the rest of the year, but we‘ll see.  

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...