Baltimore Sun beat writers also not traveling with team to Oakland

Going Underground

34 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

I understand that the Sun has to authorize to send reporters to travel with the team. I was just saying it is sad that the Orioles go to the West Coast and one local reporter is witn the team,from MASN. I know people say who cares but many stories have been broken traveling with the team and many books written.

Not you personally, just seems like a number of people in this thread are lumping the Baltimore Sun not sending reporters in with the Angelos' cheapness, masn not sending crews etc. MASN sending someone wouldn't cover for the Baltimore Sun not sending someone 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I'm just asking... is there more than sending the announcers on the road than just the announcers?   Does a producer have to go with them?   Is there equipment that the visiting team brings into the booth or do they just use what's there?   

This is from an SB Nation article about the Nationals this year.

Play-by-play man Bob Carpenter and new analyst Kevin Frandsen will call games from the TV booth at Nationals Park, while production personnel at an in-park control room work with freelance camera crews and production trucks in each city on the road.

Hiring out for production on the road is not uncommon in the sports broadcast industry, but until the pandemic, the on-air talent was always live on location. According to The Athletic report, only the Nationals and Orioles, and possibly the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, will call road games remotely this season.

5 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Be great if someone could actually get an interview from John Angelos and ask this.  Of course, he won’t discuss it I’m sure.

"John, how are you enjoying the rebuild?"

"Fans should be real excited for the next several years, huh?"

"Great to have fans back in the seat again, huh?"

What is your favorite new food at Camden Yards?"

5 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Be great if someone could actually get an interview from John Angelos and ask this.  Of course, he won’t discuss it I’m sure.

4 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

Didn't you learn in school not to trust Wikipedia for facts, or to at least click through to the source to make sure it was accurate? That 95,311 figure is extremely outdated, while the Sun's 43,000 figure is as of 2021.

The Tennessean's daily circulation has plummeted in recent years, and they recently announced that they were going stop publishing a Saturday edition. The most recent daily circulation that I can find is this November 2019 article puts it at 35,560. I would be surprised if it hadn't dropped since then, given that they are planning to stop publishing a Saturday edition.

All newspapers are in trouble, but The Tennessean is in worse shape than the Sun.

Mea Culpa MurphDogg, Mea Culpa! 😡

Sloppy on my part.  Should have drilled down further on the circulation data.  Spent more time making sure the Merle Haggard lyric was correct!  (Wait, let me make sure he wrote the lyric….. Dean Holloway & Merle Haggard songwriters).  
Thanks, I’ll do better.

• Upvote 1

• Snutchy changed the title to Baltimore Sun beat writers also not traveling with team to Oakland