Cesar Prieto 2022

Frobby

1 hour ago, JustLearning said:

Sucks for Mundy and Daschbach. 

More important to get Prieto, Gunnar, Westburg etc at bats anyway over those two guys who are just org filler.

Mundy is a nice story, but it doesn’t seems likely he’ll turn into any kind of help at the ML level. 

2 hours ago, Chaka Garcia said:

Hopefully Prieto continues to display the power that showed up in Aberdeen. Will definitely raise his profile if it’s legit.

Hasn't had the home run stroke since coming off the IL.  If the powers real he probably slots somewhere right behind Gunnar.   

I got to see him on Sunday. As advertised, nice fluid swing resulted in a single and double. He also attempted a bunt against the shift. They had him at 3B where he made one throwing error on a tough play. I'd like to see him at 2B once they get promotions sorted out. 

In between innings they had a bubble ball race and I saw him jump into one of the bubble balls which I thought was cool and goofy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Been watching him for three games, tonight’s the fourth.  Was pretty unimpressed offensively and he made a couple awkward plays at second. 

Tonight he already looks like an entirely different guy.  The homer he belted in the first was not aided by wind except perhaps to push it towards center field after it started out headed to right.  It was a no doubter off the bat.  Would love to know the EV but not sure they’ve got that here except if the broadcaster calls it. 

Anyway, his repositioning just before the first inning DP was like ballet. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

After a slow-ish start in Bowie, Prieto is adjusting.  Last 15 games has a .333/.361/.435 (.796 OPS).  Though it's supported by an inflated .355 Babip.  For June, he's slashing .281/.333/.377 (.711 OPS) with a .303 Babip.

About a 10% K rate and 4% BB rate in AA (pretty close to what he did in A ball too).  Love the low Ks, but would love to see a few more BBs.  3 HBP in June, I have no context for normal but that seems high to me.  

18 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

After a slow-ish start in Bowie, Prieto is adjusting.  Last 15 games has a .333/.361/.435 (.796 OPS).  Though it's supported by an inflated .355 Babip.  For June, he's slashing .281/.333/.377 (.711 OPS) with a .303 Babip.

About a 10% K rate and 4% BB rate in AA (pretty close to what he did in A ball too).  Love the low Ks, but would love to see a few more BBs.  3 HBP in June, I have no context for normal but that seems high to me.  

The biggest thing I'm looking for from Prieto is power.  Without power he's probably not a starter.    Is he a 10 homer guy or a potential 25 homer guy.   He hit about 5 homers in a 10 game stretch at Aberdeen.   He just hit his 2nd for Bowie the other night.