The Teixeira Watch: Part IV

baltimorebirds

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True, my ears would be :clap3: if ESPN were reporting that the O's were the leaders.

I do have to say- were it not for the insiders on here and a few things I've heard and read outside here, my take on the past 24 hours could be this...

Tex tells Boras that he REALLY wants to play in Baltimore- so get them to pony up the cash...

Boras let's it be known to someone (Karl ravech?) and ESPN reports about Tex's "major attraction to the O's"

This puts the pressure on the Orioles and the ball in their court.

That would also explain the delay in the proceedings for the past week!

If this were the case as well- it woudl make sense to think MacPhail is aware of his Tex's desire to play here and is playing a game of chicken (ala Wieters)- and waiting until the final hour to give the "wow" offer.

Sound crazy? Maybe, maybe not... but were I not a member of the Hangout, I think that might be my take.

Is it possible the FANS were played. The FO leaked all the info to try and make us beleieve they were actuaally trying to sign Tex, when they really weren't?

Why would the Orioles want to tick off their fanbase any further? The only people being played is the media IMO.

Why would the Orioles want to tick off their fanbase any further? The only people being played is the media IMO.

Maybe it was a miscalculation on their part. Perhaps they thought that something more than a lowball offer for Tex would soften the backlash from the fans after he signs somewhere else

Archived