The Teixeira Watch: Part V - AM says the O's "have flexibility" on Tex

Jagwar

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just saw the ESPN News clip everyone is talking about. This is likely over for us. ESPN doesn't run that on ESPN News if it's not going to happen. It's one thing for Gammons or Olney to run their biased spin, but ESPN News typically reports stories that they have decent info on.

They've been running Gammons and Olney's "biased spin" for the past week.

The Yahoo Sports report is interesting. So, the offer was more than $160m but less than $184m. Either way, as many of you have pointed out, it's likely one or more of the other teams will beat that so it still comes down to which team Tex is leaning towards.

One thing you should know about the Yahoo writer, Gordon Edes, is that he was a Red Sox beat writer for the Boston Globe for many years and has solid Red Sox and MLB connections. He's generally pretty reliable.

I'm suddenly feeling a little less confident...don't suppose y'all will give me much sympathy on that huh? :D

LOL, nope. ;)

The Yahoo Sports report is interesting. So, the offer was more than $160m but less than $184m. Either way, as many of you have pointed out, it's likely one or more of the other teams will beat that so it still comes down to which team Tex is leaning towards.

One thing you should know about the Yahoo writer, Gordon Edes, is that he was a Red Sox beat writer for the Boston Globe for many years and has solid Red Sox and MLB connections. He's generally pretty reliable.

I'm suddenly feeling a little less confident...don't suppose y'all will give me much sympathy on that huh? :D

I love you but no, not really :)

I just saw the ESPN News clip everyone is talking about. This is likely over for us. ESPN doesn't run that on ESPN News if it's not going to happen. It's one thing for Gammons or Olney to run their biased spin, but ESPN News typically reports stories that they have decent info on.

One word: Furcal

Sorry, but we can't. It would go against the code of conduct of the Orioles fanbase. But you are one of the few good Sox fans left.:)

The problem we have could be something that works in our favor though. Everyone is talking about Tex to BOS being great for Boras because then the Angels and Yanks have money to fight over Manny with. But if he came to BAL, that would stay the same, and BOS would even have money it hadn't planned on having to bring back Tek.

I wouldn't be surprised to see if BAL doesn't have something going on with let us know what your best offer is and give us a chance to match or beat it. Kind of like the Furcal situation, but with all the flak that is getting we'll see. I just know the small ticket buying fan base is going to take a hit between the economy being dreadful and having nothing to look forward to.

OK: what's the latest update. Are we confident?

A plethora of reports that Boston's brass is headed to Texas to meet with Boras & Tex. Many feel like if these meetings end with Tex not being a Red Sox then we're in good shape, as it's likely to be a take it or leave it type deal, though one report specifically mentioned that it wouldn't be.

Also, there are conflicting reports as to the amount of the offer that Boston has prepared. The offers stand somewhere between $160 & $184, over 8 years. Many are slowly regaining confidence as these are offers some feel like the O's will match or exceed when/if we're given the chance to respond.

Belkast, while curious and slightly concerned, remains cautiously optimistic.

Archived