This is all I want

wildcard

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

I want Adley  to hit well in three games with the Baysox.  Fly to Nashville on Friday morning and hit well in with the Tides for three games.  Then I want him to join the O's in St Louis on Tuesday.  I want him to hit with RISP, drive in  a lot of runs for the rest of his career and the O's to win the World Series.

Is that too much to ask for?

Did you send a note for Santa Elias?

Maybe rocketman Sig?

Adley packed his bags last night pre-flight

Zero day around May 16th

And many people on here gonna be high

As a kite by then

And I think it's gonna be a long ,long time

'Til a homer brings me round the bases again to find

I'm not the man they think I am behind home plate 

I will be the savior of a horribly run organization 

And perhaps save the Rocketman and Elias job

And all this analytics

I don't understand 

It's just my job to catch five days a week

For the rocketman 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

I want Adley  to hit well in three games with the Baysox.  Fly to Nashville on Friday morning and hit well in with the Tides for three games.  Then I want him to join the O's in St Louis on Tuesday.  I want him to hit with RISP, drive in  a lot of runs for the rest of his career and the O's to win the World Series.

Is that too much to ask for?

What timeframe are you pondering?  I'm on a "short leash"!

4 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

The thing is, Chirrinos is doing a decent job. Calling a good game, good defense and definitely "fights" in alot of his at bats. In one sense, I hate to see him not behind the plate.

Well, considering that he had to "fight" to get to his .159/.302/.205/.506 slash line, I'm ready for him to take his place on the bench as a backup.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Well, considering that he had to "fight" to get to his .159/.302/.205/.506 slash line, I'm ready for him to take his place on the bench as a backup.

Offensively, Chirinos is currently a black hole for sure. But man what a difference behind the plate vs. Sever-e-no-catch-the-ball. Impossible to quantify the positive impact on the pitching staff, but I'd be willing to bet a lot of someone else's money it is significant.

FWIW, the Luhnow-designed Astros have been content to keep Martin Maldonado and his defensive excellence as their starter the last couple seasons with OPS+'s of:

2022 = 15

2021 = 58

2020 = 99

Chirinos at 35 had first string over him in 2019.

Maldonado 72 career OPS+ in ~3000 PA, Chirinos 99 in ~2300 PA.    Looking at Chrinos' minors on B-Ref and thinking of Samuel Basallo, he affiliated at 17 in 2001 and made his MLB debut in 2011.    Here he is still going in 2022.   Fisk's 1969-1993 spanned 25 years so Chirinos has a few to go, but based on what I've seen so far I wouldn't hate him as the 2023 backup.