Who All Is Going on 5/16?

Orioles Jim

43 minutes ago, Snutchy said:

I was thinking this too. There’s no way they haven’t seen the fan reaction on Twitter. They’re getting pelted left and right with “where’s Adley?” They’re just silent about it. At this point they’re flat-out refusing to acknowledge the fan base. It’s weird.

Makes no sense to me.  

You've been playing terrible baseball for more than four years, and you're about to field a lineup that includes 3 to 5 bona fide major leaguers. Your general manager has said that he doesn't really care about any of that, and the field manager apparently isn't supposed to say much. Your fans have had, and still have, very little to look forward to in the short run -- they're told that the team will get much better, and that they should be patient about when that will happen.

Probably the top item on that short list of things for Oriole fans to get excited about is the Orioles' addition of a supposedly generational talent who was drafted three years ago and, in the opinion of many, has been moved through the system more slowly than he should have been.

So you don't talk about when that guy will join the big club, or even how and when that's being decided. Unless there's something we don't know, that 's just stupid -- or, to say the same thing differently, it's part of the New Oriole Way for dealing with their remaining fans. Why take the chance that you'd stir up fan interest or encourage some optimism that the team is, at long last, moving forward a little bit? What a sorry situation this is. You have to be a die-hard Oriole fan not to be dead yet.

:bs:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Snutchy said:

I was thinking this too. There’s no way they haven’t seen the fan reaction on Twitter. They’re getting pelted left and right with “where’s Adley?” They’re just silent about it. At this point they’re flat-out refusing to acknowledge the fan base. It’s weird.

The fan base needs to chill. They never said they were going to bring him up this series, it just got assumed. They don’t need to respond to every tweet or defend their position. 

1 minute ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

The fan base needs to chill. They never said they were going to bring him up this series, it just got assumed. They don’t need to respond to every tweet or defend their position. 

The fan base is beyond chill, it's so cool it doesn't even have a pulse at this point.

• Upvote 2

If Rutschman played for a Boston or New York team getting slow walked in MILB the local sports media would fillet the team demanding answers. There is barely any pushback in Baltimore besides some fans getting riled up on social media. 

It would also be a moot point because for almost any other franchise Rutschman would already be playing in MLB. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, interloper said:

Honestly I think they just want Adley to have that scheduled minor league off day and he'll be at Camden Yards tomorrow and in a lineup that hopefully features Hays and Mateo.

If they were doing that they would have announced it today.  

14 hours ago, Frobby said:

If they were doing that they would have announced it today.  

Strongly disagree. They need to have a conversation with Bemboom first, they wouldn't put the cart before the horse in that regard and let both Chirinos and Bemboom stew and wonder if he's about to be DFA'd. This will be a last minute announcement I think. 

They would be fools not to announce it somewhat in advance. When Manny was called up that was a pure baseball decision.

Would have to think by Wednesday night they say something about Friday. Of course I know Thursday is a day game. I guess could wait till then right after game. I’m sticking with Friday. 

Cmon guys, the 24 1/2 year old prodigy just isn't ready yet.

Perhaps he can break into the big leagues in his age 25 year.

That's the age that most past MVP's or perennial all stars hit the show?  I'm sure someone with the spare time could compile the stats on the average age that a future MVP breaks into the big leagues is?

Look how bad it turned out rushing Manny to the ML at age 20 worked out. 

Adley already is losing his opportunity to make any all time counting stat lists. His career will be on the downslide before he gets in a few good seasons. More reason for any future Oriole round 1 pick to refuse to sign.