First three game win streak of the year

Frobby

Tonight was the first time we’ve won three in a row this year.   That matches the longest streak we had in 2021 (which we did six times).    Longest win streaks the last five years:

2018: 4

2019: 4

2020: 6

2021: 3

2022: 3 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, wildcard said:

O's are 3.5 behind the Blue Jays in the wild card race.

O's have won 7 of the last 10.

However if they were trying to win they would have called up Adley and they would have been 10-0 the last ten games!! 😆

I don't want to get out over our skis yet, but it has begun. Bradish, Zimmerman, and Wells give us a chance to win most nights. Lyles isn't as exciting, but is an upgrade over what we've been throwing out there the past few years. Bautista closing out tonight while throwing 102 mph? Our outfield is finally healthy...and getting hot. Rutschman is coming. Rodriguez is coming. Hall is coming. We've got a long way to go, but this is fast becoming a more interesting team. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, PHRESH said:

Been awhile since I've seen so much excitement on the board 

Funny how you don't see some frequent posters, who shall remain nameless, feeling even a tinge of excitement over Bradish and Bautista tonight.  If you can't be excited about tonight's game it's either time to check your pulse to see if you have one or ask yourself, if you really are an Oriole fan.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Funny how you don't see some frequent posters, who shall remain nameless, feeling even a tinge of excitement over Bradish and Bautista tonight.  If you can't be excited about tonight's game it's either time to check your pulse to see if you have one or ask yourself, if you really are an Oriole fan.

I don't know how you don't get excited over either of them, particularly Bradish. 11 Ks is an eye opener, but just as impressive is 0 BB. His ability to command was the #1 concern with him and he's shown really good command dating back to sometime last August. And there are positive early signs in his temperament, particularly his poise. I see a pretty confident guy out there. And Bautista is a weapon out there. I loved how he kept throwing gas to speed up the hitter....and then snapped off a slider. The hitter had no chance on that pitch. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

It's really weird man lol. Imagine being like that.

6 hours ago, UMDTerrapins said:

I don't know how you don't get excited over either of them, particularly Bradish. 11 Ks is an eye opener, but just as impressive is 0 BB. His ability to command was the #1 concern with him and he's shown really good command dating back to sometime last August. And there are positive early signs in his temperament, particularly his poise. I see a pretty confident guy out there. And Bautista is a weapon out there. I loved how he kept throwing gas to speed up the hitter....and then snapped off a slider. The hitter had no chance on that pitch. 

I had to go back and read the box score. 11 k's is flipping awesome! It's nice that they are culling through the roster and what they are keeping is performing well. 

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but maybe this season can be the precursor to competing.

38 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

I had to go back and read the box score. 11 k's is flipping awesome! It's nice that they are culling through the roster and what they are keeping is performing well. 

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but maybe this season can be the precursor to competing.

I’m trying not to go there yet, but with the expected arrivals of Adley, Grayson, and Hall we’re a couple of IF away from being a possible wildcard contender if things continue to break the right way with the pitching. 

8 hours ago, wildcard said:

O's are 3.5 behind the Blue Jays in the wild card race.

O's have won 7 of the last 10.

Diamondbacks are tied for the last WC with the Cardinals. 11-3 in their last 14 games.A 3 and 4 game winning streak thrown in. Offense is starting to score some runs like the Orioles lately.But like the Orioles improved pitching  #2 in starters ERA in the majors But third worst ERA for the relievers.

Interesting to see where the two worst records last year end up.Long way to go ,but the two worst teams last year are two of the hottest teams right now. Maybe some other teams take over in the worst record department.Reds ,Nationals, Tigers?

Lots of room for excitement especially once AR comes up and we can have a rotation of Lyles, Wells, Zimmerman, Bradish, GR, and Hall in the mix. It would take playing with a short bench but we’ve done that before. Akin and Watkins would have to stay hot in a bulk reliever role. 

It would be really fun just to get to .500, with the possibility of dipping into the farm for help.