Kumar reappears

1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

I think he may well get to 33. Due to his risk and teams not wanting to miss on their first pick, he just makes more sense as a team's second pick.

If he doesn't make it to 33 it would make sense for him to go to a contender that plans to use him in the pen this year.

Crazy thought, the Mets are contenders and have the 11th pick and the 14th pick.   They wouldn’t would they?

23 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

If a team goes overslot for him, they are morons.  Murph is right..he has zero leverage. He has an iffy injury history at best and entered last years draft with question marks.  

Is he going to go back to the Indy leagues if he doesn’t get enough money?  Is he that stupid?  

J.D. Drew.  It was before slots but he re-entered and got what he wanted the second time around.   I would not put anything past Boras.

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

J.D. Drew.  It was before slots but he re-entered and got what he wanted the second time around.   I would not put anything past Boras.

Boras has also had players play hard ball and end up getting shafted.  Boras can afford to play the odds with things like this, if it goes south it hurts the draftee a lot worse than it does him.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Boras has also had players play hard ball and end up getting shafted.  Boras can afford to play the odds with things like this, if it goes south it hurts the draftee a lot worse than it does him.

We'll see.

54 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Well, Rocker would have to be going in for the third time if he declines an offer and he already has injury concerns.

Its apples to buicks and it really doesn't matter what Boras wants.  Maybe Rocker is just that stupid and if so, so be it but he has zero leverage and every team should know and understand that.

While I understand the generalized risk with shoulder injuries and shoulder surgery, my research on it would indicate that if it were an ongoing problem we would see evidence of that in his current performance.  Since he's touching 99 right now I really can't imagine that his shoulder is anything less than in good health.  Does that mean he's a slightly larger injury risk going forward?  Possibly.  Maybe it's going to accelerate the general wear and tear on his arm.  But I think it's dwarfed by his outsized potential.  I'd take him at 33.  I can totally understand anyone who says we should pass on him though, and I wouldn't blame the Orioles one bit if they decided to pass on him even if he ends up being a superstar.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

And it did wonders for his career!

No idea really if he has amounted to anything. He got $7M to go so that's something. I saw he made the parent club last year but no idea on performance. I believe he will be a FA after next year and won't need posting so he might come back.

11 hours ago, AnythingO's said:

Boras took Carter Stewart to Japan, after 1 JuCo year, when he didn't sign with Atlanta. Could maybe do that

9 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

And it did wonders for his career!

8 hours ago, AnythingO's said:

No idea really if he has amounted to anything. He got $7M to go so that's something. I saw he made the parent club last year but no idea on performance. I believe he will be a FA after next year and won't need posting so he might come back.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=stewar004car