Your guess on Tuesday's starter

wildcard

5 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Do we still have to make up another game with the Red Sox?

We play there on August 11. Home day before and head to Tampa after the game. Up there for one game 

Monday Sept 26 was added also. We were already going there just make it a 4 game series not 3 

Have to see what happens today. Gillaspie had an economical 8th inning. Hasn’t been pushed hard lately. 

Sedlock is an obvious candidate to be sent down. I also think Diplan is possible. He threw 35 pitches Friday and 38 on Sunday. 5 walks in 3 IP. Although he was an important part of win on Friday. 

11 hours ago, justD said:

I’ve been following the team more closely than I have in years yet cannot come up with how we were pitching so well two weeks ago and now are scrambling to come up with a starter. 

This is all because of that crazy stretch without a day off?

It’s also been forever since I recall a 5-game series.

I really miss that couple who used to create the schedules on their dining room table. 

Watkins getting injured before getting an out set us back too. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Looks like e bullpen game with them hoping to get two out of Baker. Think we see a lot of guys that could sent down afterwards like Sedlock and Diplan.

Why is Diplan still on the 40 man?  He’s not good.  I really wish we would stop bringing up guys like this.

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Why is Diplan still on the 40 man?  He’s not good.  I really wish we would stop bringing up guys like this.

I'm no sure why he keeps guys like Diplan and Lakins on the roster other than they are those guys they can just use in blowouts. I'd rather have guys like Vespi and Kremer in those roles.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

We have guys who can do that who also may be part of the long term plan. Diplan isn’t that.

Yeah but the don’t want to use them in irregular roles coming out of the pen. If Diplan gets sent up and down it’s not as big of a deal. He is basically pitching in mop up duty.

Just now, eddie83 said:

Yeah but the don’t want to use them in irregular roles coming out of the pen. If Diplan gets sent up and down it’s not as big of a deal. He is basically pitching in mop up duty.

But that’s the point.  We don’t need irregular roles.  We don’t need this AAA shuttle bs.  It’s not great roster management.  It’s just screwing with guys who should be up here to stay, at least stay for a long look.

Elias isn’t being clever here.

• Upvote 1