Angelos Family Fued

Going Underground

1 minute ago, DrungoHazewood said:

As far as we know it's structurally sound.  It's somewhat unlikely to kill you if you somehow can afford hundreds for a ticket, $70 to park and $15 for a Miller Lite, and don't mind the two hour wait to get out of the parking lot.

That's all I've got.

False.  Did you not see the barricade collapse last year, spilling fans out onto the Eagles players that were walking into the tunnel?  And the pipe that burst, spewing sewage all over fans?  

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

False.  Did you not see the barricade collapse last year, spilling fans out onto the Eagles players that were walking into the tunnel?  And the pipe that burst, spewing sewage all over fans?  

I'm a bad person.  This made me laugh.  Winner for sports team giveaway. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Well, according to the law suit, Lou and Georgia wanted to sell and had a deal a few years ago.  If what I have heard about Johns finances is true, I am sure he wants to hold out for every last dollar and waiting until after daddy dies will help with that.

A sizable fraction of $1.5 - $2 billion plus would help anyone's finances.

This whole thing is a kick to the nethers... 

I don't think they'll be allowed to leave Baltimore (a few other MLB teams are ahead of the O's if a team is looking to move). 

But I can't imagine this bodes well for FA spending this off-season (and actually makes me wonder how Lyles' contract was approved).  

It feels like John actually wants to keep the team long-term...  Hope I'm wrong and the cost-cutting the last few years was to position the team for a sale.  

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm wondering how much of this reaction is PTSD from the Colts move.  

Maybe some..I think most is due to the fact that we are owned by a family of lawyers who don’t really care about the franchise and never really have.  So, the idea of moving the team away doesn’t seem like a far fetched idea to people.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Maybe some..I think most is due to the fact that we are owned by a family of lawyers who don’t really care about the franchise and never really have.  So, the idea of moving the team away doesn’t seem like a far fetched idea to people.

Lawyers are terrible people.

(Frobby bait)

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Peter cared about the O's and Baltimore.  He did things that torpedoed the team's chances of being competitive, but I still feel he wanted to win above all else.  I think of him as the Jerry Jones of MLB.

21 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I assume that a chunk of the sales funds have to go to Lou.  If anything, I would guess that Lou wants to sell even more.  I'm guessing that Lou heads up the Angelos firm now.  Does anyone believe he wants all his inheritance locked up with the O's indefinitely. 

I expect to have a little more to say about this, but here's a quick summary of what I get from the complaint and everything else that has happened.

It's long been the plan that the team will be sold when Peter dies. But Louis would like to sell the team, and become very wealthy, without waiting for his dad to die or (so he says) his brother to screw him out of even more money, even though the result will be a much larger tax bite. John is in no hurry to sell and is content to follow the original plan.. The team is making money. He probably draws a nice salary as CEO and charges many of his expenses. As the de facto owner, he hobnobs with big shots. He enjoys being in charge of something for (I think) the first time in his life, and feels pretty good that he can do (in part because he isn't a member of the bar) that while his brother suffers at a dying law firm. So he want to wait. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Peter cared about the O's and Baltimore.  He did things that torpedoed the team's chances of being competitive, but I still feel he wanted to win above all else.  I think of him as the Jerry Jones of MLB.

Maybe about Baltimore.  Not sure I agree he cared as much about the Os.  Or, put another way, I think he only cared if it was done his way and that was never at the best interest of the team.