13 pitcher maximum next week

Just Regular

4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Look at Nevin's splits.  He hit lefties but not righties.   Bannon can at least  get  on base vs righties by walking.  I am not a big Bannon fan but  at least there is a place he can get some plate appearances.

Too bad there is no place to play Stowers.

With the way Hyde is rotating the OFs/DH, Stowers could play regularly over McKenna. 

2 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

I don't care for Bannon.  My statement was more directed towards your statement that Nevin was growing on you and that he was a poor man's Mancini.  Nevin has been pretty bad so far.  

The fact that we aren’t immediately talking about Nevin’s defense at 3B is a credit to Nevin. He’s a stop gap until Gunnar. Nevin batting 8th and playing 3B, is an upgrade over Bannon. 

7 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Nevin has a .846 OPS vs LHP. A much better AAA track record than Bannon. Bannon has a weak arm, and I don’t think hits HRs at the same clip versus MLB pitching, the LF wall. I’d be fine with playing Ritchie Martin at 3B some too. Bannon just isn’t an MLB player. 

Nevin is not a MLB player either. 

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The fact that we aren’t immediately talking about Nevin’s defense at 3B is a credit to Nevin. He’s a stop gap until Gunnar. Nevin batting 8th and playing 3B, is an upgrade over Bannon. 

We’re not immediately talking about Nevin’s poor defense at 3B because he’s so poor offensively too. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

But his dad was a MLB player.

Shouldn't that count for something?

It certainly does for every damn broadcaster, as with Yastrzemski and his gdad, particularly because of the RS/NYY ties.  Gotta be a pain in the ass for the kids to have to hear it all. the. time. 

But I wonder if they don't get an equal amount of deference and dismissal because of it. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Apparently it does for Hyder. The guy is given the same deference as a 10 year vet and is hitting slightly better than Mateo. 

What deference?  With Urias on the IL, Nevin is playing a lot because he is basically the only 3Bman on the roster.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Bannon’s having a really hot June — .267/.450/.578, 4 HR, 14 RBI in 14 games.  

When Bannon is hot he can really hit.  But the other 95% of the season.... not so much.  No problem with calling him up while he is hot. Just don't expect it to last.

6 minutes ago, SteveA said:

What deference?  With Urias on the IL, Nevin is playing a lot because he is basically the only 3Bman on the roster.

Spot in the batting order. There’s been a few games where he batted ahead of Odor. He always bats ahead of McKenna, Chirinos, Mateo, and Martin. Outside of A ball, this guy has never hit anything except a nice start at Norfolk this year. 

Part of the problem is that he is the only 3B on the roster. It’s why I’d like to see Bannon called up.