A couple of milestones (or at least stepping stones) in the rebuild

SteveA

1 hour ago, spiritof66 said:

If I were Elias, I'd be thinking seriously about drafting a college SP in one of the first couple rounds, or drafting Jones and trading him for an SP or two. Then I'd probably get a burner phone, call John and Lou Angelos, and ask each of them whether his refrigerator is running. 

Nah just make that upgrade in free agency. There’s plenty of money to do it. The draft should be about picking the best player for your long term stability. 

Also, like Frobby said, can’t trade the pick anyway. 

• Upvote 1

Where's SG to remind everyone that it shouldn't take this long to do a rebuild?  That Elias has sold the fanbase a pack of lies and that anyone who thinks that it's acceptable for the rebuild to take this long is stupid?

I will agree with @Tony-OH, the starting pitching prospects leave a lot to be desired.  But overall, I'm happy with this team so far this year.  There's a lot of baseball to be played and they could crater but if they reach 71 wins which they're on pace to do, that would be good.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Where's SG to remind everyone that it shouldn't take this long to do a rebuild?  That Elias has sold the fanbase a pack of lies and that anyone who thinks that it's acceptable for the rebuild to take this long is stupid?

I will agree with @Tony-OH, the starting pitching prospects leave a lot to be desired.  But overall, I'm happy with this team so far this year.  There's a lot of baseball to be played and they could crater but if they reach 71 wins which they're on pace to do, that would be good.

We’ve been so abused over the last 4 seasons I’m thrilled with this team. Am excited for each days game, for the most part.

• Upvote 2

We have won a series vs the Yankees, two series vs Boston, two series vs Tampa, and have split our only series vs Toronto on the road.   We are no longer a ppushover for the other AL East teams.

We are also 7-3 in "rubber matches" to decide series.

We are also 21-17 in the game immediately following a loss.

• Upvote 2

On 6/18/2022 at 5:57 PM, Moose Milligan said:

The lineup and bullpen look to be figured out. The last milestone is the rotation. Time for Elias to “buy” that. 

7 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The lineup and bullpen look to be figured out. The last milestone is the rotation. Time for Elias to “buy” that. 

The bullpen is figured out for this year. No way can we expect a repeat performance next year.  As much as things have looked better lately unfortunately we're wasting a great year from the pen. 

• Upvote 1