Report - Teixera signs with Yankees

Skipjack33

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't post very often, but I have to say that I am through with baseball. No salary cap!!! No revenue sharing!!!! No time or money for tickets from me. I have had it. I wish the Ravens and NFL played year round.

This is pretty much how I feel right now. Baseball is not enjoyable for me as a fan anymore. It's not a level playing field and in the end that = bad product in my humble yet frustrated opinion.

I know its uncool to bash the insiders, and by no means is this a bash, but man if we had trusted the media reports this wouldn't be such a monumental disappointment. Instead, we all hung on every single word from the insiders until the very end. Maybe Roch and Olney and Gammons do know what they're talking about.

Please... out of those two deals we got one useful player, Luke Scott.

How can you tell when Tillman,Jones and Patton have not even reach their prime? Plus Tillman and Patton have yet to pitch in the Majors. Everyone is thinking contend next year when we should be looking at 2010 or 2011. So what if the Yanks stock there team with big names they can afford to do it we can't. That is why we need to play ball a different way by building up. Just hopefully the gems we build don't leave us.

The Yankees are still gonna suck....

only difference is that now Teixera is enemy #1. I hope he gets booed unmercifully every time he comes to town, everywhere he goes. What a chump. I now put him in the same category as Mussina...and we all know what happened (or didn't happen) to him.

Hate to break it to you but this isn't the aging, crippled Yankees of the last two years. They still have a few minor cracks but they are now the hands down favorites to finish with the best record in baseball.

Please... out of those two deals we got one useful player, Luke Scott.

Wow. I thought I had seen some ill-informed posts today but this really takes the cake.

Do you not remember Matt Albers last year? He was a pretty vital part of the pitching staff.

Selling short on Sherrill, Jones, and Tillman?

Nice.:rolleyes:

Love It. How about Brad Penny?Oliver Perez?

the money we had on the table for Tex, is not going to be used for pitching.

The names being mentioned are Hendrickson, Redding and Looper.

I do not see them putting out any thing greater then 3-4 million a year for a pitcher.

Its obvious this upcoming season may be one of the worst season ever from a pitching standpoint.

A team era well over 6 would not suprise me.

I really thing DCab should have been kept if you were not going to sign Kawakami type starter. At least DCab could eat some innings.

We are going to have at least two long men out of the pen this year.

To all the high and mighty posters: just let people vent. Everyone's upset, whether it's with the O's, the MFY's, Angelos, MacPhail, MLBPA, MLB or just in general. Many people are just saying things in the heat of the moment and don't mean what they are posting.

It's just going to be even sweeter when we beat their asses in a few years. This makes me even more determined to be an O's fan, and I can't wait until we're back on top.

Am I correct in how the free agent system and draft picks works.

The Angels now get the yankees 1st round pick (For Tex),

the Brewers their 2nd round pick (For CC),

and the Blue jays their 3rd round pick (For Burnett).

Seems real messed up the way the free agent system works.

The Yankees should forfeit a # 1 pick in each of next 2 years.

Or at least the Brewers and Blue Jays should get a supplemental pick.

Not only did the Yankees get the 3 biggest FA, but they screwed 2 mid-market teams as well.

More evidence that MLB needs a salary cap.

I know its uncool to bash the insiders, and by no means is this a bash, but man if we had trusted the media reports this wouldn't be such a monumental disappointment. Instead, we all hung on every single word from the insiders until the very end. Maybe Roch and Olney and Gammons do know what they're talking about.

Well, they sure know more than some of our insiders. If our insiders do have such great sources, wouldn't they be the ones reporting on major news outlets in the first place? Such a disappointment on so many levels.

Archived