Austin Voth

accinfo

7 minutes ago, Flash- bd said:

Completely forgot about Bradish. Who's the odd man out if we sign someone in FA or bring someone in via trade? 

If they can add a #1 they can deal some surplus. I’d see if I can trade Watkins or something similar in a deal with a couple minors guys for a young already MLB starter. Someone mentioned Lodolo.

8 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

This guy just keeps getting it done. 53.2 IP 141 ERA+.  If he qualified, and just on his AL numbers, that would put him 7th in the AL above guys like Gausman and Bieber. 

He and Kremer are in my rotation for next year. Depending on what I can add in a TOR would depend on the rest. I pencil in Grayson Rod and probably bring back Lyles to be my #3 or #4 to start the season. Watkins would be my #6 unless I can get a really good player for him. I think we need one more leverage reliever. Tate, Perez, and Bautista are a solid back end but I want to have one more dominant guy.

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

He and Kremer are in my rotation for next year. Depending on what I can add in a TOR would depend on the rest. I pencil in Grayson Rod and probably bring back Lyles to be my #3 or #4 to start the season. Watkins would be my #6 unless I can get a really good player for him. I think we need one more leverage reliever. Tate, Perez, and Bautista are a solid back end but I want to have one more dominant guy.

Read the numbers I just posted in the other pitching thread. Crazy. Just crazy.  Maybe we don’t need Lyles or all these FA SP. Just like we didn’t need Correa. 

21 minutes ago, jerios55 said:

I'm going definite with Voth.  Older tweet but I was trying to determine his status going forward.   3 years of control is nice. 

Assuming Voth pitches decently over the final quarter season he’ll certainly get tendered a contract.   

Amazing job to go ahead to head with Cease and come out with a win. First time I watched him pitching, was really impressed with the cutter. Used his FB almost as a reverse changeup, just enough to change speeds off the cutter. Interesting approach. It occurred to me if we make the playoffs he is probably our game 1 starter!

59 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Tyler Wells?

Bradish is improving in the 2nd half.

Means may be healthy in the 2nd half of 2023.

Edited by wildcard

2 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I think Wells is definitely in the rotation.  I would like us to add one big time starter and another lefty for the pen.  Taylor Rogers would be guy I look to add in pen.  He has been ok as closer last two years but I don’t think that really a good spot for him.  He has great splits vs lefties though and how I would use him.  Perez has been great but his wildness always concerns me and Vespi has reverse splits so give me another guy that can get a lefty out late in games.  

26 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

I think Wells is definitely in the rotation.  I would like us to add one big time starter and another lefty for the pen.  Taylor Rogers would be guy I look to add in pen.  He has been ok as closer last two years but I don’t think that really a good spot for him.  He has great splits vs lefties though and how I would use him.  Perez has been great but his wildness always concerns me and Vespi has reverse splits so give me another guy that can get a lefty out late in games.  

I’m not sold on Vespi as a major league pitcher, but his major league R/L splits this year are diametrically opposed to his record in the minors.  In the minors, lefty batters were 0 for 29 against him this year.  Looking back, his R/L splits have been all over the place.