Yankees - Good for Baseball?

clevis

- Major League Baseball has to take some kind of action soon.

And what would be the basis for this? Because they are spending whatever they want? See, in the grand scheme they haven't done anything wrong. I hate them for this as much as anyone but there's really nothing that can be done unless congress gets involved and I just don't see what the justification could be. It just seems that we have to deal with it.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And what would be the basis for this? Because they are spending whatever they want? See, in the grand scheme they haven't done anything wrong. I hate them for this as much as anyone but there's really nothing that can be done unless congress gets involved and I just don't see what the justification could be. It just seems that we have to deal with it.

Steroids weren't against the rules for a long time. Nor were greenies or anything else.

Just because they haven't "done anything wrong", it doesn't mean that what is going on is RIGHT.

Steroids weren't against the rules for a long time. Nor were greenies or anything else.

Just because they haven't "done anything wrong", it doesn't mean that what is going on is RIGHT.

With steroids there's a health concern aspect, not to mention that most of them were obtained under the table, it's illegal drug use and this is why congress got involved.

Maybe they find that the Yanks are cooking the books or something shady (illegal) along those lines. But beyond that it seems they are playing both within the MLB rule books and the law.

By the way, I'm just playing devil's advocate. I wish something was done, right here and now, to curb the spending.

With steroids there's a health concern aspect, not to mention that most of them were obtained under the table, it's illegal drug use and this is why congress got involved.

Maybe they find that the Yanks are cooking the books or something shady (illegal) along those lines. But beyond that it seems they are playing both within the MLB rule books and the law.

Agree completely. Yankees are playing within the rules.

I think now it just may be time for people to step in and revisit these protections and passes that MLB gets from anti-monopoly legislation.

So...your arguement is what? That there payroll was already insane? This sport is a joke and there is no two ways about it.

I agree its insane, but right now after Tex there payroll is 25 million less than what it was last year. They have spent a ton, yet still will have a payroll of about the same number after arby and maybe signing Pettitte.

Archived