Tuesday, June 28: O's at Seattle in our last late night start of 2022

SteveA

3 minutes ago, Beysbol said:

Does anyone know why Mountcastle didn't go back and touch first base? The runner didn't touch the base. 

That’s what I thought as well. Looked like he never touched it going by, RM was more concerned with the runner at 3B and there was no replay to see if he would have had a shot at him. 

As an aside, very poor camera work all night by MASN. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

That’s what I thought as well. Looked like he never touched it going by, RM was more concerned with the runner at 3B and there was no replay to see if he would have had a shot at him. 

As an aside, very poor camera work all night by MASN. 

Well at least they're consistent.

4 minutes ago, Beysbol said:

He never touched the bag. Why isn't anyone saying anything about Mountcastle's play!!??

i agree, and I kept yelling at the TV, but I think with him losing the ball, he didn't see him miss the bag. He just assumed the runner did. And I'm not even sure anyone else in the infield had an angle to see him miss the bag either (EDIT: I see Bautista did). Just one of those things. We had the great angle, the rest on the field didn't. Bang-bang. 

2 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

Apropos of Mountcastle's screwup, I wonder if we'll ever see Rutschman at first and Ryan at DH this year.

Mountcastle is not good defensively. He’s a future full time DH. Don’t know if AR has the better arm at 1B though. 

😖

4 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

i agree, and I kept yelling at the TV, but I think with him losing the ball, he didn't see him miss the bag. He just assumed the runner did. And I'm not even sure anyone else in the infield had an angle to see him miss the bag either (EDIT: I see Bautista did). Just one of those things. We had the great angle, the rest on the field didn't. Bang-bang. 

I even saw the first base coach of Seattle yelling at him to touch the bag and Mountcastle never heard it either. So, Mountcastle has three chances to get an out that was literally 10 feet around him and he didn't hear the first base coach, didn't know the runner MISSED the bag, and because he missed the bag, he could have just tagged him! Neither of the Orioles announcers didn't say a word about it either. 

2 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Mountcastle is not good defensively. He’s a future full time DH. Don’t know if AR has the better arm at 1B though. 

😖

I'm not really wondering because I'm mad about the error, it just got me thinking. Is part of caring for the owie in Adley's tricep that we're never going to see him at first this year? 

6 minutes ago, Beysbol said:

I even saw the first base coach of Seattle yelling at him to touch the bag and Mountcastle never heard it either. So, Mountcastle has three chances to get an out that was literally 10 feet around him and he didn't hear the first base coach, didn't know the runner MISSED the bag, and because he missed the bag, he could have just tagged him! Neither of the Orioles announcers didn't say a word about it either. 

With the crowd roar going on during all the excitement of the play, it's probably hard to hear anyone yelling to tell you what to do. I think that's why the runner didn't try to go back to the base as he didn't hear the coach, and Mountcastle didn't hear it as a clue he should tag him either. 

Just now, Moshagge3 said:

I'm not really wondering because I'm mad about the error, it just got me thinking. Is part of caring for the owie in Adley's tricep that we're never going to see him at first this year? 

He hasn’t had that many throws to 2B, but maybe. I can’t imagine his arm being any worse than RM though.