Mancini trade market heating up? Orioles willing to deal Santander? Yankees and Mets?

Sports Guy

1 hour ago, Moshagge3 said:

I don't think he was suggesting those three for Snell straight-up, was he? That would be madness.

Maybe he wasn't, and I misread it, and I'm giving him a hard time for nothing.

I personally don't see the big appeal on Snell.  If the Padres were willing to dump him for nothing, and add a little salary, I might be willing to take a look at him.

But giving up real pieces, let alone three of them, is just ridiculous.

23 minutes ago, Brooks The Great said:

Would love to get Brett Baty from the Mets. Perhaps Mancini and Tate would get it done.

Ronny Mauricio is another Mets infielder I've been wondering what they were going to do with from the moment they signed Lindor.    

Baty's path to 3B has nothing in it but scuffling Eduardo Escobar, and Guillorme-McNeil as good hitters without much power.

Fangraphs has 55's on both of them today in its Roster Resource Mets widget, so Lopez and Mancini probably wouldn't even be the entirety of the Ask if I was them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

The biggest issue is 16M for one year.   If he pitches poorly you overpaid.  If he pitches well, he's gone after 2023.   It's a one year gamble.

It’s a pass for me….guy sucks

if you are going to trade resources get value

10 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Ronny Mauricio is another Mets infielder I've been wondering what they were going to do with from the moment they signed Lindor.    

Baty's path to 3B has nothing in it but scuffling Eduardo Escobar, and Guillorme-McNeil as good hitters without much power.

Fangraphs has 55's on both of them today in its Roster Resource Mets widget, so Lopez and Mancini probably wouldn't even be the entirety of the Ask if I was them.

With all we have on the way just get starting pitching. We can pick up Villar for nothing if we need a player

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

It’s a pass for me….guy sucks

if you are going to trade resources get value

I wouldn't go that far.  He had insane strikeout numbers 170 k's in 128 IP as recently as last year.   There's talent there.

14 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I wouldn't go that far.  He had insane strikeout numbers 170 k's in 128 IP as recently as last year.   There's talent there.

Well he’s got a 6.20 ERA in 7 starts. I guess if he reverts to the 128 inning 4.20 guy he’d earn 16 million. Without an extension you’d trade multiple players for him including Tate? I’m not sure who SG was suggesting. But, I’d take him if they are dumping salary. He pitched 180 inning in 2018 and 128 last year. Only 50 innings in 2020 (due to Covid). Doesn’t appear to be a work horse. The Ks are great except he figured how to give up 4.2 runs per game around that.

Also if we are building why not get a guy who has some control or one you can extend. His contract was 5/50 with incentives for the CY which he got a bump for 2018. Still they obviously back loaded it heavily.

I don’t know …I guess suck was a reach. But, I’d want a reasonable extension or trade my chips for someone else.

3 hours ago, Pickles said:

It's laughably STUPID and DUMB and only an IDIOT would suggest such a thing.

Am I doing it right?

Seriously, we're going to give up an "All-Star" 1b/dh, admittedly only a rental, an OF on pace for 3 WAR this year and almost 3 years service time left, AND a solid relief pitcher with a current ERA under 2, and almost 4 years of service time left, for ......... checks notes........

For a guy who has just spent two years being below average while pitching in one of the friendliest environments in either league, and is getting progressively worse, and is owed over 20 million dollars for his year and a half of service time before he hits FA again.

Yeah, that's going to be a hard pass.

What’s dumb is that you think I’m suggesting trading those 3 for Snell.

I believe Elias will be shopping Mancini, Lyles and Odor between now the deadline.   Yes, Elias  needs Lyles to cover the innings but he is not going to help the O's make the playoff this year and I doubt Elias is paying Lyles 11m next year for a  5.00 ERA and a 1.4 WHIP.  That won't help the O's make the playoffs next year.  Instead Elias will cover innings in August and September with Zimmermann, Watkins, Harvey and Grayson if he is available.   That is the sell part of the deadline.

The buy part in finding good starting pitching for 2023 that will be under the O's control until at least the end of 2024.  No Snell.  Why would Elias want a starter making 16m in his walk year?  Makes no sense.

Elias needs 8 starters to contend next year.   He has Tyler Wells, Kremer and Rodriguez.   He has Means for the 2nd half of 2023.   I think he turns Akin into a starter next spring like he did with Tyler Wells.   Right now Akin has a fastball and a slider.  He had a curve in 2020 that was pretty effective.  The curve at 77 mph  would keep the batters off the fastball and allow Akin to go deeper in games. That's 4 1/2 of the 8 starters he needs .

DL Hall is a starter or a reliever.  I don't think anyone knows yet which.  He has to find his control.  The O's will try to develop Bradish in the 2nd half of this season.  He could  be added to the starters for next year but it too early to know.  Voth is getting his audition now.   We will see where that goes.    Rom, Ryan Watson and Peek may be moved to the AAA rotation in the 2nd half.  Just have to see how that goes.

Bottom line Elias will trade some offense and maybe a reliever for a good starter with 2 plus years of team control left.    That is where the Santander and maybe Tate discussions comes in IMO.  Elias and Holt can develop or claim another  reliever to replace Tate.   And the progress of Stowers and Vavra allows Elias to talk about trading Santander.  

That is the way I see it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I believe Elias will be shopping Mancini, Lyles and Odor between now the deadline.   Yes, Elias  needs Lyles to cover the innings but he is not going to help the O's make the playoff this year and I doubt Elias is paying Lyles 11m next year for a  5.00 ERA and a 1.4 WHIP.  That won't help the O's make the playoffs next year.  Instead Elias will cover innings in August and September with Zimmermann, Watkins, Harvey and Grayson if he is available.   That is the sell part of the deadline.

The buy part in finding good starting pitching for 2023 that will be under the O's control until at least the end of 2024.  No Snell.  Why would Elias want a starter making 16m in his walk year?  Makes not sense.

Elias needs 8 starters to contend next year.   He has Tyler Wells, Kremer and Rodriguez.   He has Means for the 2nd half of 2023.   I think he turns Akin into a starter next spring like he did with Tyler Wells.   Right now Akin has a fastball and a slider.  He had a curve in 2020 that was pretty effective.  The curve at 77 mph which would keep the batters off the fastball and allow Akin to go deeper in games. That's 4 1/2 of the 8 starters he needs .

DL Hall is a starter or a reliever.  I don't think anyone knows yet which.  He has to find his control.  The O's will try to develop Bradish in the 2nd half of this season.  He could  be added to the starters for next year but it too early to know.  Voth is getting his audition now.   We will see where that goes.    Rom, Ryan Watson and Peek may be moved to the AAA rotation in the 2nd half.  Just have to see how that goes.

Bottom line Elias will trade some offense and maybe a reliever for a good starter with 2 plus years of team control left.    That is where the Santander and maybe Tate discussions comes in IMO.  Elias and Holt can develop or claim another  reliever to replace Tate.   And the progress of Stowers and Vavra allows Elias to talk about trading Santander.  

That is the way I see it.

Odor has no value.  I don’t know why you keep mentioning him.

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Odor has no value.  I don’t know why you keep mentioning him.

Maybe for a Dominican player which Elias is known to do.  Vavra needs to be promoted in the 2nd half to see what he can do.   Urias will take over 3B.  So Odor will go one way or another to make room.  JMO.

4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Maybe for a Dominican player which Elias is known to do.  Vavra needs to be promoted in the 2nd half to see what he can do.   Urias will take over 3B.  So Odor will go one way or another to make room.  JMO.

If room needs to be made for Vavra, Odor could be released, if necessary.   You aren't going to get anything for Odor.

• Upvote 3