Brenan Hanifee 2022

Frobby

• 1 month later...

Hanifee finished his season extremely strong.  In his final six outings he threw 27.2 IP and had a 2.28 ERA, 0.87 WHIP, 7.2 K/9, 2.9 K/BB.   He was operating very efficiently, throwing only 14.5 pitches per inning.   Very much like the pre-TJ version of Hanifee.   

19 hours ago, Frobby said:

Hanifee finished his season extremely strong.  In his final six outings he threw 27.2 IP and had a 2.28 ERA, 0.87 WHIP, 7.2 K/9, 2.9 K/BB.   He was operating very efficiently, throwing only 14.5 pitches per inning.   Very much like the pre-TJ version of Hanifee.   

That's good and everything, but his stuff just doesn't impress me and he doesn't have a go to strikeout pitch. Maybe the Orioles can get him to improve him changeup and become a better prospect overall.

I'll be surprised if he's protected or taken in the Rule 5. 

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

That's good and everything, but his stuff just doesn't impress me and he doesn't have a go to strikeout pitch. Maybe the Orioles can get him to improve him changeup and become a better prospect overall.

I'll be surprised if he's protected or taken in the Rule 5. 

Me too.   But, it’s nice to know he’s healthy and pitching again.   I’d say next year is make or break for him in terms of regaining prospect status.  Now that he’s healthy he can work on the things he needs to improve.  

One thing I always liked about him was the ability to eat innings without throwing a ton of pitches.  Of course I realize that may not carry over or lead to success at the upper levels of the minors and the majors.  But, it made it fun to follow him when he pitched.  

• 2 months later...