Eduardo Rodriguez

Going Underground

The rumors I've heard are the E-Rod asked to go on the inactive list or whatever.  He isn't being paid, and he's not fighting to be paid while absent.  Apparently, he's having personal issues he's trying to work out; i.e. something is going on with his marriage.

This isn't a Kyrie Irving situation where the guy just doesn't feel like playing.

22 minutes ago, Pickles said:

The rumors I've heard are the E-Rod asked to go on the inactive list or whatever.  He isn't being paid, and he's not fighting to be paid while absent.  Apparently, he's having personal issues he's trying to work out; i.e. something is going on with his marriage.

This isn't a Kyrie Irving situation where the guy just doesn't feel like playing.

And this is the problem with “losing” teams hanging out big money contracts. How motivated are they after they sign. I know he’s not getting paid now,  but he knows he can get that money whenever he wants. I’m sure he’ll be back before the season is over so there will be no grievance by Det to void the deal. 

How motivated was Cobb when he signed here?  Seems like he did everything the year before he signed his deal with us, then laid up and rested for the three years he was with us. He literally had zero motivation for three years except to heal up and stay healthy. That’s exactly what he did. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

And this is the problem with “losing” teams hanging out big money contracts. How motivated are they after they sign. I know he’s not getting paid now,  but he knows he can get that money whenever he wants. I’m sure he’ll be back before the season is over so there will be no grievance by Det to void the deal. 

How motivated was Cobb when he signed here?  Seems like he did everything the year before he signed his deal with us, then laid up and rested for the three years he was with us. He literally had zero motivation for three years except to heal up and stay healthy. That’s exactly what he did. 

I think this is unfair given what we know now.  If this morphs into a Kyrie Irving situation then I'll change my tune.  But from all I've heard, this is a man who is trying to get his personal life in order and is willing to forgo salary in order to do it.  We'll see how long this drags on but he's given up the pay for the time he's lost.  He's never getting it back and he doesn't seem to be trying to.

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

I think this is unfair given what we know now.  If this morphs into a Kyrie Irving situation then I'll change my tune.  But from all I've heard, this is a man who is trying to get his personal life in order and is willing to forgo salary in order to do it.  We'll see how long this drags on but he's given up the pay for the time he's lost.  He's never getting it back and he doesn't seem to be trying to.

Would your boss let you miss months to get your personal life in order?  

• Upvote 1