Sunday, July 10: Orioles play at noon on Peacock TV, trying for longest win streak since '05

SteveA

2 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I am superstitious enough I would juice the Mateo-Odor middle infield orange as long as the run lasts.

I do believe that if the magic carpet ride includes a chase for this October Elias-Hyde brokering a delicate SS/2B line switch is part of the calculus.

This is kind of where I am and I think it depends on Elias' goals for the season. Is a push for a WC worth losing time in the bigs for some of these young guys?

Then I look at the 8-9 hole in the lineup and think it would be better to give those ABs to the guys, getting them ready for next year. They have to be better than what's there now.

I'm just gonna trust Elias knows what he's doing.

I guess Tate was getting ready for a higher-leverage 6th inning before we broke it open.

Although...the two off days in last week before ASB and the ASB really give some breathing room for every Oriole pitcher, especially if that horse Jordan gets some room to run with the opportunity to start three of the next six Team Games.

24 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Let Voth come out for the 6th now. Build those innings. 

Interesting idea, but I like Hyde's decision. Don't let the sluggers get another AB vs. Voth. Love that Tate got two ground-outs from the Immortals.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Hah, apparently the Angels are complaining about the Elias Wall too.... Melanie said they named it the MVP of the game after we beat them yesterday.

Villar's ball probably would have cleared it. Instead long out to McKenna 

16 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Hah, apparently the Angels are complaining about the Elias Wall too.... Melanie said they named it the MVP of the game after we beat them yesterday.

Rangers announcers were griping about it too. Sore losers. They accept Fenway and the Yankees RF porch.

• Upvote 1