Tuesday, July 12: Orioles visit Wrigley Field for the first of 2

SteveA

21 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

He couldn't hit the first two pitches. The last one was the same pitch in an even better spot. He basically had zero chance no matter what he does.

Just so I know for future reference, and I’m serious here, were all of the 9-10 pitches he fouled off In Wednesday’s first inning ones he figured he had a chance on, or did he choose (or was advised) to do what I was saying, foul them off after 2 strikes until you get what you want, if they’re anywhere close?

37 minutes ago, justD said:

Just so I know for future reference, and I’m serious here, were all of the 9-10 pitches he fouled off In Wednesday’s first inning ones he figured he had a chance on, or did he choose (or was advised) to do what I was saying, foul them off after 2 strikes until you get what you want, if they’re anywhere close?

Lol, very true, better to swing than not swing, I am just saying it was a very good pitch. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Griffey said:

Great job by the O's fans @ Wrigley!  Especially the big man who seemed to be single-handedly handling the "Let's Go O's!" chant in the middle innings.  Felt great to see/hear that after all the years of hearing Sox/Yanks fans taking over Oriole Park. 

That guy is a regular at OPACY.   He sits in the 1st or 2nd row about halfway between 1B and the RF corner.  He’s extremely vocal.  Modern day Wild Bill Hagy. 

39 minutes ago, Frobby said:

That guy is a regular at OPACY.   He sits in the 1st or 2nd row about halfway between 1B and the RF corner.  He’s extremely vocal.  Modern day Wild Bill Hagy. 

His schtick is, “Are you fired up? I’m fired up!”