Your second half expectations for Rutschman?

Frobby

4 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Two hits and a walk today.  His at bats are must-see.  Sees a lot of pitches, elite patience.  Doesn't swing at junk.  Batting average up to .238.  There's almost a .100 point separation between his batting average and on base percentage.  I'm wondering if in his prime he'll ever post a .400+ OBP.  

Looks like there are 5-10 guys every year with a .400obp so I’m betting he will. Markakis who is the most patient hitter I can remember here in the last 15-20 years did it once in 2008. Expected BRob would have been closer, got with .15 points of it once. 

15 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah I expect AR to be better than .775. The rest seem to be .775 guys. Book is out on Urias but I’m not getting my hopes up. 

If Urias keeps putting up around a 115 OPS+ like he has the last two years, then I'm more than happy with him as a player. If Westburg, Gunnar and other infield prospects rise up then Urias might shift to being a super sub off the bench similar to a Ben Zobrist. 

That way Hyde can still play Urias, but can hide him against unfavorable pitching matchups. 

15 hours ago, Frobby said:

Took Adley the weekend to get his OPS up to .765.   It helped that his long fly to LF that Torres couldn’t keep in his glove was scored a double.  

Tbf, statcast has that as a home run in 29 of 30 ballparks so there's some justice in that falling in for a hit. 

Adley has finally started to time up a ML fastball which is very exciting. For some time now, he's been taking the best ABs on the team by a wide margin.  He's now firmly in the ROY chase as unlikely as that seemed a few weeks ago. Rodriguez is still the heavy favorite but it could get very interesting...

6 hours ago, LTO's said:

Tbf, statcast has that as a home run in 29 of 30 ballparks so there's some justice in that falling in for a hit. 

Adley has finally started to time up a ML fastball which is very exciting. For some time now, he's been taking the best ABs on the team by a wide margin.  He's now firmly in the ROY chase as unlikely as that seemed a few weeks ago. Rodriguez is still the heavy favorite but it could get very interesting...

Rodriguez might be headed to the IL with that wrist.  I haven't followed who else is in the race, but that could certainly help Adley's cause.  He's really got to keep hitting the cover off the ball regardless though.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/julio-rodriguez-injury-update-mariners-all-star-misses-another-game-with-wrist-issue-il-stint-possible/