Trey's Inside-The-Park-HR

OrangeOctoberRebuild

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

By the way, I timed Trey’s trip around the bases at 17.3.   That’s definitely extremely slow for an inside the park homer.   I tried to find what was the slowest known inside-the-parker, but didn’t have any luck.  

My guess would be Gus Triandos, who made Matt Weiters look like Usaian Bolt.  I was listening to the game on radio; we did that back then. There would have been time for a commercial break.

5 minutes ago, George Zuverink said:

My guess would be Gus Triandos, who made Matt Weiters look like Usaian Bolt.  I was listening to the game on radio; we did that back then. There would have been time for a commercial break.

OMG, TY for the memories. My mother's fav and the reason I'm an O's fan. Homerun or strikeout, my father would say. Obviously sided with Mom. lol

2 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

Players get hurt running hard often enough and those rare injuries (typically reaggravating a minor nagging injury) results in worse outcomes for the team (multiple missed games) that more than offset the benefit of running hard on every single routine flyout (perhaps a couple extra bases a season for an entire team).

Good point. But run - not run hard - instead of simply jogging, makes sense, doesn't it?