Adley Rutschman’s “First Half”

Frobby

7 minutes ago, Paul in Virginia said:

"...Adley Rutschman has already cemented himself as a cornerstone of the Orioles franchise and is just beginning his upward trajectory towards superstardom. His value is only going to increase and it would be prudent for Elias to attempt to secure Rutschman long term now before the cost grows and the temptation of free agency becomes too much to resist..."

How much would an Adley Rutschman contract extension cost the Orioles? (birdswatcher.com)

If this is the only thing that were to happen this offseason, I wouldn't be sad about it.

What's up, @Sports Guy, can you deal with that?

7ACn1Y.gif

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Paul in Virginia said:

"...Adley Rutschman has already cemented himself as a cornerstone of the Orioles franchise and is just beginning his upward trajectory towards superstardom. His value is only going to increase and it would be prudent for Elias to attempt to secure Rutschman long term now before the cost grows and the temptation of free agency becomes too much to resist..."

How much would an Adley Rutschman contract extension cost the Orioles? (birdswatcher.com)

I don’t foresee Elias being the holdup to signing Adley to an early contract extension. The Angelos family has to be open to the idea and not blow it like they did with Machado over a relatively small amount ($10M) of money for a star player. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Wow, that’s dramatic.  It’s like Adley is some machine-learning supercomputer. I wonder what that line at about 23% represents.   It’s not the league average, which is about 32.5%.  Adley’s been under that almost from day one. 

Edit: the line is probably Adley’s season average, which stands at 23.2%.   That’s 13th of the 296 batters with at least 200 PA.  Top 5% and, from that graph, getting better all the time.  

Edited by Frobby
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't think I have access to enough data to calculate this, but I would love to see swing rates broken down between clearly in the zone, borderline, and clearly out.  Maybe make the "borderline" bucket to be pitches within 3/4 inch of the border of the zone.

7 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Adley is already better than Weiters ever was.  Weiters was never close to this good of a hitter. The only thing he had on Adley was a better arm. 

Adley is already close to Manny level, to be honest. Been a long time since I've been this excited about a player. 

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

Adley is already close to Manny level, to be honest. Been a long time since I've been this excited about a player. 

They haven’t had a guy this young with this sort of presence since Cal.  The dude is a born leader. 

• Upvote 1