Punting the Season

oriolefan1035

As much as some of you would like to just roll over and die on the 2022 Orioles, it doesn’t look like we’re going anywhere. These guys continue to fight night in and night out, even with the FO giving up on this season. We’re going to the post-season, we’ll beat the ALC winner, and we’ll see what happens from there. I was at Camden Yards for every home playoff game in 2014 when we went through Verlander, Scherzer, and Price. This feels similar. Just gotta win one game at a time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Adley's still on the team, right? They will be fine and continue to win games.

There's enough talent in the bullpen to cover for Lopez's loss and the O's have enough hitters to makeup for Trey's bat (unless Brett Phillips starts playing everyday). 

Agree. The fact they kept Santander, Tate, and any other trade suspects tells me they just moved what we could afford to lose and easily cover in-house, without losing momentum on this season. Especially Santander.

Edited by now
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, now said:

Agree. The fact they kept Santander, Tate, and any other trade suspects tells me they just moved what we could afford to lose and easily cover in-house, without losing momentum on this season. Especially Santander.

100% agree. People are acting like we had a fire sale. Trey had been awful recently. 

Playoffs were always a long shot and they still are, but these trades aren't going to prevent us from getting there. Hell, if we could manage to bench Odor sometimes we could easily make up the 1 WAR we might have lost trading Trey. 

46 minutes ago, TheWall said:

100% agree. People are acting like we had a fire sale. Trey had been awful recently. 

Playoffs were always a long shot and they still are, but these trades aren't going to prevent us from getting there. Hell, if we could manage to bench Odor sometimes we could easily make up the 1 WAR we might have lost trading Trey. 

I agree with that as far as the Mancini trade is concerned. But not the Lopez trade. 

The biggest strength of this team has been its strong and deep bullpen. That strength and depth are threatened by the possible overwork of the relief corps. The trade of Lopez both dilutes that strength and increases the risk of wearing out key players. That trade is likely to affect the Orioles' chances of extending their season.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

I agree with that as far as the Mancini trade is concerned. But not the Lopez trade. 

The biggest strength of this team has been its strong and deep bullpen. That strength and depth are threatened by the possible overwork of the relief corps. The trade of Lopez both dilutes that strength and increases the risk of wearing out key players. That trade is likely to affect the Orioles' chances of extending their season.

You’re right but let’s see if Bryan Baker and Joey Kriehble can take on more high leverage situations and step up to the challenge.  

I really would like to know what the goal is the rest of the year.

Is it evaluation?  Is it fielding the best team?  Is it just letting things go with the status quo?

Henderson, Westburg, Hall and Stowers should be up.  Let’s get a look at these guys.  Why are we playing guys like Odor?  Why is Phillips here?

Its like they are half assing things at the moment.  

11 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I really would like to know what the goal is the rest of the year.

Is it evaluation?  Is it fielding the best team?  Is it just letting things go with the status quo?

Henderson, Westburg, Hall and Stowers should be up.  Let’s get a look at these guys.  Why are we playing guys like Odor?  Why is Phillips here?

Its like they are half assing things at the moment.  

The goal this year is to keep trying to score at least 1 more run than the opponent. 

• Upvote 1