Elias’ Amazing Quote

ManciniFan

Wow, bold. Being that you haven’t brought up your number 1  SP who was dominating earlier in the year (Grod), Gunnar (obvious upgrade at 3b),  Stowers (obvious upgrade at DH/OF) and your biggest signing last year was a pitcher that could eat innings (at an above market rate). I’d rather underpromise and overdeliver myself. Words & promises don’t carry must weight during the Angelos regime. 

Edited by ManciniFan

• ManciniFan changed the title to Elias’ Amazing Quote

What does what you said have to do with that tweet? If that tweet in fact resembles the quote then it's pretty straightforward and true. There are lots of great prospects coming up through the excellent farm system. What does that have to do with the talent on the major league roster?

6 minutes ago, celery said:

What does what you said have to do with that tweet? If that tweet in fact resembles the quote then it's pretty straightforward and true. There are lots of great prospects coming up through the excellent farm system. What does that have to do with the talent on the major league roster?

“Dominating” in the AL East? AL?  All of MLB?  Seems pretty bold. Maybe focus on more actions, less promises? That’s what I would like to see.

Ranch or Blue Cheese?

18 minutes ago, ManciniFan said:

you haven’t brought up your number 1  SP who was dominating earlier in the year (Grod)

He's been injured for several months.

19 minutes ago, ManciniFan said:

Gunnar (obvious upgrade at 3b)

He most likely does not want to burn Gunnar's rookie status since he would net us an additional high draft pick if he finishes high in ROY voting next year. 

23 minutes ago, ManciniFan said:

Stowers (obvious upgrade at DH/OF)

Stowers is not an obvious upgrade over the current OF/DH arrangement of Hays/Mullins/Santander/Vavra at all, his strike out rate is like 30% in AAA right now.

• Upvote 1

I wish there was a way to have Melanie read aloud all of these tweets to us... 

If Elias is being completely honest (and I have no real reason to believe otherwise), this is exciting news. This season has already been a blast. I would love to see the team promote the next few guys who are ready and spend some money on quality free agents. 

Edited by PHRESH
  • Upvote 2