Orioles at Rays. Sunday, August 14th

sportsfan8703

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

Rasmussen would be the type of guy that if the O's traded for him/signed him as a FA, he would be 5-12 w/ a 5+ ERA. 

I'm just following along in the game thread and can't watch today.  Is Rasmussen really that good or is it 90% O's not being selective, swinging at anything close. 

Had command of multiple pitches. Few if any mistakes. Good velocity. 

1 minute ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Rasmussen would be the type of guy that if the O's traded for him/signed him as a FA, he would be 5-12 w/ a 5+ ERA. 

I'm just following along in the game thread and can't watch today.  Is Rasmussen really that good or is it 90% O's not being selective, swinging at anything close. 

The orioles decided to play a line up of guys hitting sub .200.   

Edited by Gurgi

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

Rasmussen has had really good command and the stuff has been great but not really elite. That combined with some bad batted-ball luck and not the best swing decisions on the Orioles side. Lyles had a better whiff rate today.

8 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

He threw like 70 pitches through eight, which should tell you everything you need to know.

Can't wait for the new crop of guys who work counts to come up.

Edited by Alasdaire

5 hours ago, NashLumber said:

I have not paid close attention to every word of the play by play today call, but has it been mentioned that Rasmussen has had two Tommy John surgeries? I can't confirm, but that came from one of my Rays buddies in Durham. 

Yes, it was mentioned during the MASN broadcast. I believe they said he had one in 2016 and another in 2017.