I thought that Bautista / Abreu was battle one off the most riveting showdowns in recent years....

Roy Firestone

This guy faced an Oriole killer with the bases loaded and no place to put him and delivered ...Bautista  is the most devastating reliever we've had since  Britton and maybe Jim Johnson. Felix's high octane fastball (he had one pitch at 104 tonight)compliments his splitter and off speed pitches....but tonight it wasnt just about his pitches...it was about his poise and heart..he came through...what a story for this kid who was bounced around and released and who's career looked over...whatever happens this is one of the great stories in recent Oriole seasons...what a thrilling showdown tonight...baseball at it's best!

• Upvote 3

The Orioles have had him since 2016.  They showed amazing patience with him.   Taking it very slow.  I guess they were not going to give up on 100+ mph.   

Lots of credit to him and his coaches for the last seven years to get him here. 

Edited by Gurgi
  • Upvote 1

I have a ton of confidence in Felix.   His stuff is awesome, he’s intimidating on the mound, and he doesn’t shrink from big moments.   I’m sure he’ll have an off night here or there like any reliever, but he’s got all the components you’d want to see in a closer.