Mike Trout to the Orioles?

vab

14 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Gotta love the “random thread bump to prove SG wrong” move. 

Well, if you're going to mock me about saying something that was so clearly correct it would behoove you to be correct or I will remind you of it.  :)

It really is more of a general thing though.  I think many have not appreciated how good some of our young vets are and have been way too motivated to replace them.

Edited by Pickles

7 minutes ago, Os4days said:

Not by much and they have spent a lot of money. Wish Baltimore would try and lock up some of our young guys. 

If Baltimore has less money than San Diego it is because San Diego is better at monetizing their base.

Edited by Can_of_corn

1 hour ago, Pickles said:

Receipts.

Mullins/Hays Combined WAR: 2.6

Trout WAR: 1.7

Mullins/Hays Combined Salary: 7.3 Million

Trout Salary: 37.1 Million

Lol.  Trout beat them last year and will do it again this year.  He also makes everyone better, sells more tickets and is a generational talent.

Remember when you said his back injury was going to be a problem?  Lol

The idea that you bumped this is both idiotic and shows the obsession you have.  It’s truly pathetic.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Lol.  Trout beat them last year and will do it again this year.  He also makes everyone better, sells more tickets and is a generational talent.

Remember when you said his back injury was going to be a problem?  Lol

The idea that you bumped this is both idiotic and shows the obsession you have.  It’s truly pathetic.

You were wrong.  You're always wrong.  Everything you ever propose makes the team worse, because you are a terrible evaluator of baseball and baseball players.

Bask in it.  Let it run all over you.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pickles said:

You were wrong.  You're always wrong.  Everything you ever propose makes the team worse, because you are a terrible evaluator of baseball and baseball players.

Bask in it.  Let it run all over you.

I’m not wrong. Trout was worth 1.1 more WAR than they were last year. You said they would more. You were wrong about that.

His back is fine. You were wrong about that.

Your whole argument was wrong.  

Edited by Sports Guy

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m not wrong. Trout was worth 1.1 more WAR than they were last year. You said they would more. You were wrong about that.

His back is fine. You were wrong about that.

Your whole argument was wrong.  

HIs back is fine?

Oh, I didn't realize it was September 2030 and Trout was picking up his last 37.1 million dollar paycheck.

You always conveniently leave that out of the equation.

It was a stupid, moronic take.  You were completely wrong then, and arrogantly crowed about how right you were.  You are even more wrong now, and time will prove you wrong in an even more complete way.

Virtually every single time, be it a proposal or be it an assessment of value, you are wrong.

We could talk about more specifically moronic things you said in this thread.  How about this one:

Hays is a "fourth outfielder at best."  

That is a laughably stupid take.

Mullins is "maybe a platoon player."

That's slightly less stupid, but has been shown to be just as incorrect.

You have had big, bold opinions throughout this entire rebuild.  Good for you.  You are certainly a main character on the board.  

However, most of those opinions have been critiques, and claims of what should have been done.  And yet, when you have given specific examples of players' values, you have been almost universally incorrect.

If you don't want me to rub it in your face, then you shouldn't mock me initially.  Be a little more polite when you're being wrong about baseball.

35 minutes ago, Pickles said:

HIs back is fine?

Oh, I didn't realize it was September 2030 and Trout was picking up his last 37.1 million dollar paycheck.

You always conveniently leave that out of the equation.

It was a stupid, moronic take.  You were completely wrong then, and arrogantly crowed about how right you were.  You are even more wrong now, and time will prove you wrong in an even more complete way.

Virtually every single time, be it a proposal or be it an assessment of value, you are wrong.

We could talk about more specifically moronic things you said in this thread.  How about this one:

Hays is a "fourth outfielder at best."  

That is a laughably stupid take.

Mullins is "maybe a platoon player."

That's slightly less stupid, but has been shown to be just as incorrect.

You have had big, bold opinions throughout this entire rebuild.  Good for you.  You are certainly a main character on the board.  

However, most of those opinions have been critiques, and claims of what should have been done.  And yet, when you have given specific examples of players' values, you have been almost universally incorrect.

If you don't want me to rub it in your face, then you shouldn't mock me initially.  Be a little more polite when you're being wrong about baseball.

1) you said his back was an issue.  It’s not. 

2) You said they would be worth more than Trout last year.  They weren’t.

3) Yes, if Mullins doesn’t hit lefties, he absolutely is potentially a platoon guy. That’s 100% fact. But the caveat is that he doesn’t hit lefties. He is this year. In this thread, you said you felt Mullins is a  3-4 WAR player (which I agree with for the next few years). You don’t feel he is an elite guy. You feel he is a very good guy. Let’s not act like you saw a big year coming or that you felt he was going to be really good Vs lefties and that is essentially the difference between him being a 3 WAR guy and a 5+ WAR guy while his defense is still good.

4) Let’s see if Hays can get through a season healthy and productive. I was right about him last year. He ended the year with a .9 WAR. That’s not an everyday player. That’s a 4th OFer. McKenna was .8 last year in far less playing time. McKenna is a 4th or 5th OFer.

I don’t question the man’s talent, I question his availability and reliability. You can’t be an everyday player if you aren’t available and/or playing with multiple injuries that crush your production.

That’s just a fact.

5) Trout only needs to give us 4-5 years if his deal. If it’s a disaster at the end, I’m good with that considering we may be able to win a WS or 2 with him being an elite guy still.

I was 100% accurate in all of those takes last year.  You notice how you are just now bumping this?  Because these 2 are playing well. You may want to wait until the season is over because everything you said for 2022 was wrong, yet you won’t admit it.  

You are childishly bringing this back up now. Your take was and is laughable. 

You also said Trout’s trade value was basically nil, which is incredibly dumb but goes with the theme of everything you say.

Edited by Sports Guy

14 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

San Diego is a smaller market.  

No it's not.  It's much more a separate market than Baltimore is from Washington.  Baltimore is more like Oakland in the Oakland/San Francisco pairing.  You know the Oakland that is about to lose it's last sports team.  There is zero reason the Oakland/San Francisco area can't afford 2 mlb teams, but if there's only going to be one team, it's going to be San Francisco.  The O's need great ownership, franchise leadership (GM), and fan support (obviously somewhat dependent on the first two), or this city will be headed down Oakland's path.

2 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

No it's not.  It's much more a separate market than Baltimore is from Washington.  Baltimore is more like Oakland in the Oakland/San Francisco pairing.  You know the Oakland that is about to lose it's last sports team.  There is zero reason the Oakland/San Francisco area can't afford 2 mlb teams, but if there's only going to be one team, it's going to be San Francisco.  The O's need great ownership, franchise leadership (GM), and fan support (obviously somewhat dependent on the first two), or this city will be headed down Oakland's path.

Source?

This is what I used.

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/nba-market-size-nfl-mlb-nhl-nielsen-ratings/

It lists DC as a separate market.

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Source?

This is what I used.

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/nba-market-size-nfl-mlb-nhl-nielsen-ratings/

It lists DC as a separate market.

All this stuff is a little arbitrary.  The Orioles have plenty of fans in the DC area, most of whom became Orioles fans during the years that DC had their own team.  I don’t think the Padres have a lot of fans in the LA area, and nobody would consider driving from LA to SD to attend a baseball game.  So, while the SD metropolitan area has about 40% larger population than the Baltimore metro area, I think the latter gets more fans from outside its metro area going to its games.