Sunday August 28: Justin Verlander stands between Orioles and another sweep at Minute Maid Park

SteveA

9 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Deflating is deflating going to Cleveland would rather have split the first two and gotten this one 

Fans take loses worst then the actual players and don’t panic or worry about losing one game that is part of the reason many are professional players they can put it in the past.  If we lost the second game last night people would be crying how now we lost the series because we have Verlander today and no way we can beat him and win the series,  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Let's not get too deep in the game thread. You can have nay opinion of Hyde you want, but let's take other topics and mix it in too much into the game thread. Thanks. 

Yup, there’s the “Second Guessing Hyde” thread for that. Perfect place to discuss his shortcomings OR throw your hat in the ring for MOY.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

No matter what happens this game, if someone would tell me that we would win 2 out of 3 on the road against Houston, I'd take that every time. Today is just icing on the cake.

Agree 100%. Just a frustrating game on many levels but it’s not over yet.

10 minutes ago, Riggodrill44 said:

We do a lot of hand wringing on this board.

If the defense had been playing normal depth, only one run scores and we get the second out.

This inning would be over, couple of ground balls finding a hole.

Agreed. I dunno why Odor was in. 

This is looking like a loss but taking 2/3 from the Astros is nothing to be upset about. 

• Upvote 2

We were at the Maryland State Fair and saw a lot of people wearing O’s shirts and hats only a few for the Ravens.  I had kept tabs on the score and unfortunately came home and saw Baker blow it.  I feel so bad for Voth he pitched well. I did not think we would win coming in but sounds like we had a chance and squandered chances. I would not have put Baker should have been Perez.  

• Upvote 2