Thursday September 1 (6:10pm): Rubber Match in Cleveland

SteveA

Just now, Jagwar said:

I'm getting tired of the Judge and Stanton commercials on MLB TV

Welcome to my world. I'm sick of the Mookie Betts and Tim Anderson ones as well. I just mute it, turn my phone over so I cannot see the screen and pick it up when I think the commercials are over. Works really well. 

13 minutes ago, Remember The Alomar said:

I know the "defer to management" guy is never popular on sports boards but...maybe the knew something we didn't.

13 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

Vavra's approach will always be there, but you have to wonder if he's just outmatched at big league level. Overpowered quite frequently.

I’ve been trying to caution people about Vavra. I’ve seen him play in Norfolk numerous times. If you just look at the stat line, it looks great, but big league pitchers have better command and aren’t going to nibble against a guy like Vavra who lacks power. He doesn’t have an overly quick bat. I hope he turns out to be good, but I’m not sure what his role is because he can’t play anywhere other than second in the infield. Again, I hope I’m wrong, and I’d like for him to be good.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Beysbol said:

Welcome to my world. I'm sick of the Mookie Betts and Tim Anderson ones as well. I just mute it, turn my phone over so I cannot see the screen and pick it up when I think the commercials are over. Works really well. 

Mookie I can take. 

But to listen to the soundbites from the worst of the worst Yankees announcers (Sterling, Waldman, Kay) is just torture 

• Upvote 1