Sunday, Sept 11th, vs Boston

SilverRocket

1 minute ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

They had to rest Gunnar's 21 year old legs, but some reason he needs rest so bad, he can't even swing a bat.

Nationals manager after recent game:  Abrams can have a game off when he asks for one.

I swear the O's had some player that played an awfully large amount of games in a row.  Last I heard he is still alive.

I believe its more Hyde's unwillingness to play young lefty hitters vs lefty pitchers. He's been benching them all year long.. Makes you wonder how we'll even be able to put together a lineup card in a few years with Henderson, Vavra, Stowers, Cowser, Kjerstad, Holliday all potentially in the mix

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

My wife just said "It's like they're giving McKenna a reward for pitching last night."

“Ryan, we are going to need you to pitch.  But  I promise to play you at your favorite position tomorrow and bat lead-off.” 

I can see that going down.  I think she’s on to something.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

It is pretty daggone obvious where improvements need to come for next year .. the offense is clearly not good enough for a playoff team 

Backup C, 2-3 infield spots, 1 outfield spot.. all need to be improved.. Maybe some of that comes from within the org (Vavra, Norby, Westburg, Ortiz) or guys bouncing back (Mounty, Hays), but I think its pretty clear that we need to bring in some offensive talent from out of the organization