Saturday afternoon October 1: Orioles look for win #82 and a winning season, weather permitting

SteveA

Just now, Riggodrill44 said:

You said Voth was terrible, give some credit to the hitters in that inning that are getting paid more than our entire roster

That's quite an extrapolation.  All I said that Voth is terrible today.  And I said that because he was throwing too many fastballs down the middle, and he left the breaking ball up.  This is MLB and those are generally going to get punished.

And as I type this he gives up another HR on a hanging breaking ball.

Just now, Emory Eagle said:

I think it’s fair to look at the quality of Voth’s pitches and wonder about the durability of his success.  If he is with the Os in 2023, I think he’s probably a long man in the BP, and backup rotation depth.  At least I hope so.

That's exactly where i see him.   Assuming we pick up at least one veteran starter via trade or free agency, I see our OPening Day rotation as G-Rod/Bradish/Kremer/[veteran]/Wells, with Voth at best the #6 at the start of the season, and Hall working in Norfolk to join the rotation, Means recovering, and Povich moving up in the ranks.