Saturday afternoon October 1: Orioles look for win #82 and a winning season, weather permitting

SteveA

Also Cortes’ success in NY annoys me more than usual after he was so ass bad for us a couple years ago we had to send him back. He was so bad he couldn’t contribute to one of the worst teams we’ve ever put on the field but now he’s a top starter for the AL 2 seed. Obnoxious. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

As my wife just told me, for all the booing Yankee fans who think the O's are not pitching to Judge, imagine the shoe on the other foot.

Like they would pitch to an Oriole and do them any favors. 

Oh, "Go sit down giant!" - Laura. 

You got a good wife there.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, O's84 said:

You got a good wife there.

I knew early in our dating that she was a keeper. Once during a Yankee series years ago, she was saying "frick" every time something bad happened in the game. I told her "you know, you don't have to hold back. Frick sounds like Fricke, a baseball commissioner from the last century."

Later in the game, something went the Yankees' way and she yelled at the TV, "Pig F**ker!"

Me: "That's more like it." 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LA2 said:

Welcome back. Where'd you fly to? I haven't been on a plane since Nov. '21 because my flying is almost always to Asia and I didn't want to deal with the COVID policy contingencies.

Visiting family (newborn twins!) on the west coast. It was an amazing visit, I really needed the uplift and it worked!

6 hours ago, justD said:

Visiting family (newborn twins!) on the west coast. It was an amazing visit, I really needed the uplift and it worked!

Glad to hear of the uplifting visit and the twins!

(Btw I meant 2019, not the typo 2021, in my post--Don't know where that one came from. So I haven't been out of NY/PA for three years!)