Saturday afternoon October 1: Orioles look for win #82 and a winning season, weather permitting

SteveA

1 minute ago, justD said:

Oh man that’s so awesome. Didn’t it seem like he’d gotten home wayyy too early? I love watching their indignant confusion. Lol

Honestly didn't look like he left early on replay. The O's just got bailed out by the Yankees blowing their challenge in the first.

So, I watched the Rizzo hit by pitch several times, and he makes no attempt to avoid the pitch. However, by the rules, first base should not be awarded if the player does not try avoid being hit. I know the rule is interpreted pretty loosely, but getting hit seems to be part of Rizzo’s game.  As mentioned, he stands right on top of the plate and has been hit 22 times this year alone.  And I have seen Rizzo get hit and be awarded first base on pitches that appeared to be inside strikes. Any way, I would like to see the rule properly enforced against him at least once.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, justD said:

Annnddd to find out they lost their challenge in the first? Ha!

(I was going through Clear/TSA Precheck at the start of the game. What bliss that combo is!)

Welcome back. Where'd you fly to? I haven't been on a plane since Nov. '19 because my flying is almost always to Asia and I didn't want to deal with the COVID policy contingencies.

Edited by LA2

1 minute ago, LA2 said:

Voth's pitch count not bad for someone who's given up that many runs and hits in 3+ innings. Hope he's settled down and can give us six innings to save the bullpen. But him not having any K's so far is a bad indicator.

He has a K now!!!

1 minute ago, dtk9119 said:

Voth has recovered nicely. 

The offense..  not so much 

We're not even halfway through the game and the MO of the O's this year has been late scoring while the bullpen holds the opposition at bay.