#1 UNC upset by Boston College

PaulBako

Yeah, Harvard over BC is an incredible upset. It's certainly as bad a loss as Maryland-Coppin State, so obviously they had a huge letdown.

Harvard beat BC? I hadn't even heard that yet. That's ridiculous. Sounds like somebody (or a bunch of somebodies) did a little too much partying after upsetting UNC.

Also, I believe you have your Baltimore historically black colleges mixed up. Racist! ;)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Enjoy it buddy, enjoy it now.

You know who isn't enjoying it? Me.

Anyone else think Carolina won't be amped up to kick the crap out of UVa on Thursday night when they head to Charlottesville now?

Not that UVa had much of a chance anyways, but now? Lord, we're bound to get Charleston-ed.

You know who isn't enjoying it? Me.

Anyone else think Carolina won't be amped up to kick the crap out of UVa on Thursday night when they head to Charlottesville now?

Not that UVa had much of a chance anyways, but now? Lord, we're bound to get Charleston-ed.

The last time we were 0-3 in conference, we lost that third game in Charlottesville. Might as well do it again. We ran the table after that, finishing 13-3 and making the Final Four.

Go Hoos!

The last time we were 0-3 in conference, we lost that third game in Charlottesville. Might as well do it again. We ran the table after that, finishing 13-3 and making the Final Four.

Go Hoos!

Ha, I'm holding you to that.

Gotten a chance to see my boy Landesberg yet?

Kid is incredible, let me know what you think after Thursday's game if you havent seen him yet.

Ha, I'm holding you to that.

Gotten a chance to see my boy Landesberg yet?

Kid is incredible, let me know what you think after Thursday's game if you havent seen him yet.

Oh yeah, I've seen him in the Georgia Tech game and a few minutes against Virginia Tech too. I'll watch the whole thing Thursday night and get back to you.

Enjoy it buddy, enjoy it now.

Question for the UNC fan...

Is Ellington as good as all the hype, or is he viewed as somewhat of a disappointment? Everytime I watch him, I am completely unimpressed.

As for last night's game...it looked like the only Tarheels playing "hard" were Tyler (even though he wasn't that effective), Danny Green (I love watching him play...), and Ed Davis (I think he's going to be a beast on the glass).

Is Ellington as good as all the hype, or is he viewed as somewhat of a disappointment? Everytime I watch him, I am completely unimpressed.

As for last night's game...it looked like the only Tarheels playing "hard" were Tyler (even though he wasn't that effective), Danny Green (I love watching him play...), and Ed Davis (I think he's going to be a beast on the glass).

Ellington strikes me as a guy "playing out the string"...He doesn't seem to have consistent passion for the game.

The Heels appear to the same issue they had last year...Obviously the most talented team in the country BUT, will they play consistent defense throughout the game?

Ellington strikes me as a guy "playing out the string"...He doesn't seem to have consistent passion for the game.

The Heels appear to the same issue they had last year...Obviously the most talented team in the country BUT, will they play consistent defense throughout the game?

Last night, it looked like offense was as much of a problem as defense for them. They didn't seem to know what to do when they weren't getting lots of transition opportunities. The half court offense was pretty poor. The BC and Wake games have shown UNC's weakness IMO. If you turn the ball over, you're going to get run out of the gym. If you don't...they get sloppy on offense.

Ellington is a scorer, and a good one, but he's nothing more than that. I wouldn't call him a disappointment per se, but I don't think he's an NBA prospect. If he were taller, he could be a Vinnie Johnson type, but he's only 6'3. I think his stock is down, and hope he returns next year.

Green played really well, but when he's your best offensive threat, you're in trouble. Wake had Tyler's number, and Ellington didn't get hot until the last three minutes. Davis will be great, as will Tyler Zeller one day. We need Ginyard back for defense, and Lawson has been outplayed by Rice and now Teague the past two weeks.

Ellington is a scorer, and a good one, but he's nothing more than that. I wouldn't call him a disappointment per se, but I don't think he's an NBA prospect. If he were taller, he could be a Vinnie Johnson type, but he's only 6'3. I think his stock is down, and hope he returns next year.

Green played really well, but when he's your best offensive threat, you're in trouble. Wake had Tyler's number, and Ellington didn't get hot until the last three minutes. Davis will be great, as will Tyler Zeller one day. We need Ginyard back for defense, and Lawson has been outplayed by Rice and now Teague the past two weeks.

I always hear that Ellington is such a great scorer, but I thought I heard during last night's game that he has never scored 20+...is that true?

Lawson looked really poor last night. When he can run in transition, he's almost unstoppable. But, he got torn up in the half-court game on both ends of the court.

I always hear that Ellington is such a great scorer, but I thought I heard during last night's game that he has never scored 20+...is that true?

Lawson looked really poor last night. When he can run in transition, he's almost unstoppable. But, he got torn up in the half-court game on both ends of the court.

Oh no, that's not true at all. I know for a fact he had 36 in the Clemson game last January that we won at the buzzer. He had a great ACC Tourney and won the MVP, and had a great NCAA's actually until an awful game in the Final Four.

Lawson has been struggling of late, and I don't really get it. I hate to say this, but perhaps they were reading too much of their own press. Hopefully these two losses were a wake up call. Time will tell.

Oh no, that's not true at all. I know for a fact he had 36 in the Clemson game last January that we won at the buzzer. He had a great ACC Tourney and won the MVP, and had a great NCAA's actually until an awful game in the Final Four.

Lawson has been struggling of late, and I don't really get it. I hate to say this, but perhaps they were reading too much of their own press. Hopefully these two losses were a wake up call. Time will tell.

Maybe they just meant this season then...I must have misunderstood. Thanks.

Archived