Who are the Orioles 2022 #11 and #12 Prospects?

Tony-OH

Who are the Orioles 2022 #11 and #12 Prospects?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who are the Orioles 2022 #11 and #12 Prospects?

• #11 Beavers and #12 Basallo
    • #11 Basallo and #12 Povich
    • #11 Basallo and #12 Beavers
    • #11 Seth Johnson and #12 Povich
    • #11 Povich and #12 Fabian

This poll is closed to new votes

Going Basallo and Povich but Beavers could be in here as well.  I like Basallo at #11 but #12 is a little tougher to figure.   Fabian had that great start in Delmarva but he’s also a full year older than Beavers.  I went with the LHP instead.

This could literally be any of the five choices. I think the players listed are the next five, in some combination.  If Seth Johnson weren’t hurt and was living up to his statue when we acquired him, I think he’d warrant the 11 spot.  Personally, I wouldn’t have Povich quite at 12.  So, I’m going with Basallo and Beavers.  I know some scouts are very high on Beavers.  

I eliminate Povich off the top. Could be wrong, but I don't think he belongs this high. That also eliminates Seth Johnson and Fabian, since they're only paired with Povich. I wouldn't have Johnson quite this high anyway, just given the injury.

So it's Beavers and Basallo or Basallo and Beavers. 

I go Beavers and Basallo. I think people are looking at Beavers like he's an absolute stud with the same or maybe even better potential than Kjerstad and Cowser. There's a ton of projecting in that idea, but there's also a ton of projection with this kid.

So I think 11 = Beavers, 12 = Basallo and 13 will end up Fabian.

I'm going Basallo and Beavers because Basallo has been used in the polls for the top-10 spots. I expect him to appear somewhere in the next 3 spots. The uncertainty about how Johnson will bounce back after surgery is part of it for me. I could see Povich here, too, but I don't know that he's quite this high. 

11 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

I'm going Basallo and Beavers because Basallo has been used in the polls for the top-10 spots. 

That’s a trick Tony has used sometimes to throw people off base, so I wouldn’t put too much weight on that.  But Basallo is a good candidate in this range on his own merits.  

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

That’s a trick Tony has used sometimes to throw people off base, so I wouldn’t put too much weight on that.  But Basallo is a good candidate in this range on his own merits.  

I'm probably most curious about the Basallo write-up. As Tony has said a million times, their placement on the list matters less than the report. This kid is still very young and about to be a lot more visible to us.