Insiders

Brion McClanahan

15 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Belkast updates on the Orioles interest in Nomar Garciaparra as a potential option at first base back in 06? 07? But he had to change diapers first.

Or a Bedard and Tejada deal to the Dodgers for Kemp, LaRoche, Elbert, Hu. Gooooood times. 

Those Dodgers rumors were the best. That's what I'm talking about.

Sports Guy did get his three way trade this year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Brion McClanahan said:

Yeah, really. We even got to dream on Kershaw... plus Votto, Cueto, et al. Oh well, Tillman and Jones and a little Flat Breezy wasn't too shabby. 

3 hours ago, Sir_Loin said:

That’s not me.

The guy I chatted with …thought it was you mentioned that he/you knew me- Even my old JohnnyK27 handle from here. I’m  certain that you chatted with me???  I looked back through my posts to try to find you as I was going to share your handle.

Edited by Roll Tide

1 hour ago, Brion McClanahan said:

Sports Guy did get his three way trade this year.

Yup.  The Angels rumors for Santana, Kotchman, Wood.  Seems like just yesterday, though it was, sadly, 14 years ago.  That makes me feel really old (I'm 34.)

Just now, Yardball85 said:

Yup.  The Angels rumors for Santana, Kotchman, Wood.  Seems like just yesterday, though it was, sadly, 14 years ago.  That makes me feel really old (I'm 34.)

Don’t forget about the “Wow Offer”. Not sure which one of the insider maybe it was Big Bird said that it was being sent to Texiera’s agent. 

Back in the early 2000's just reading info from an insider was a big deal. This was before twitter and MASN so there wasn't a ton of info out there like there is today. Nowadays with Elias especially, there isnt alot of leaks. Roch and Steve do a good job updating this kind of stuff though. They definitely hear things no one else does, or very few anyway.

There was a semi insider last year with someone posting about the Orioles interest in Correa that hadn't been reported by the local or national media but now afterwards there seemed to be some validation that it was in fact partly true and we had discussed an offer if not put one on the table.

Just now, Dipper9 said:

The "insider" stuff was always wild, but nothing could trump all the Tex stuff. The board was going wild during that time.

Tex signing with the Yankees was heart breaking, until he said he'd always been a Yankees fan. The guy is from Severna Park. Tells me everything I needed to know about a kid who grows up a Yankees fan while living in MD. He was THAT kid. Still don't like him! :D

I mean, it's not at Mu$$ina levels of dislike, but not far. :D

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Tex signing with the Yankees was heart breaking, until he said he'd always been a Yankees fan. The guy is from Severna Park. Tells me everything I needed to know about a kid who grows up a Yankees fan while living in MD. He was THAT kid. Still don't like him! :D

I mean, it's not at Mu$$ina levels of dislike, but not far. :D

This is probably a misconception I'm inventing, but I feel like this is a common thing with kids who play organized baseball growing up. They seem to gravitate their fandoms to the biggest stars on the biggest teams. Always thought it was weird.