“Orioles big game shopping & most believe it's exclusively rotation”

Roll Tide

2 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

If he supposedly the true ace left then I can see him signing later towards New Year's unless of course the Yankees or Dodgers with the wow offer. The other free agent pitchers are decent to perhaps a little above 

That’s the question. Will his market delay the rest? I would hope and think not. 

9 minutes ago, dzorange said:

I'm actually happy the Mets got him. If not, they would be in on pretty much every other starter available.

Agreed the more large market teams are out of it the better.  I think we can compete with most teams offers but the highest group being out helps us other places.

It is crazy to me that the best pitcher in the world is only getting a 2 year contract + an option and from all indications the team with a bottom 5 payroll, elite farm system, and multiple elite prospects on the major league roster next year wouldn't be interested.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Corbin 2.0 risk for me. No thanks. 

In what sense?  Corbin was healthy all his years.  Had two great years of ~5 WAR and then has only produced ~10 WAR over his remaining 8 years.

Rodon produced 1.7/2.7 WAR in his age 22/23 seasons, then was basically hurt for parts/most of 4 years, and then produced 4.9/6.2 WAR.  So you know he's above average, you just don't know what injury bug might get him.