“Orioles big game shopping & most believe it's exclusively rotation”

Roll Tide

9 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

His velocity in down in back to back seasons, you'd think he'd want to save that arm for the season that counts. 

Eh, he's gotten paid. The Olympics are a rare experience, I'm sure. 

If I'm the O's though, this only adds to his fairly long list of cons (costs a pick, injury history, declining velo, not that successful in the AL East, etc). 

If I was playing the World Baseball Classic for blood and it had to be in early March, I'm not sure an Eovaldi type would be on my A list.     Feels more like an all relief aces time of the year, just two weeks, not 162.

The international equivalent of Kyle Gibson not making the first weekend of October cut.

Edited by Just Regular

3 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Wait to see the contract, but overall I am fine with this.  Just don't understand what we are actually doing, if the plan was to add a starter...

Noah goes to a great team, great place to pitch. First class organization. 5th starter there. 

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Noah goes to a great team, great place to pitch. First class organization. 5th starter there. 

Yup.  Good move for Thor.  They did a great job with Stripling, Heaney, Anderson.  Wonder if the Orioles were in on him and he preferred LA, or if they just didn't want to match the Dodgers deal. 

54 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

If I was playing the World Baseball Classic for blood and it had to be in early March, I'm not sure an Eovaldi type would be on my A list.     Feels more like an all relief aces time of the year, just two weeks, not 162.

The international equivalent of Kyle Gibson not making the first weekend of October cut.

How many SP’s do they have?  Can’t see him throwing much to be honest.