Orioles sign Adam Frazier

eddie83

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Obvious question is does this make someone available for trade. Have to see what comes out of this. 

Right.  Eight million a year you would have to assume he starts at second.  He was decent on the Pirates, could be a good bounce back candidate.  But you would think this means Urias gets traded, or Mateo gets traded and Gunnar goes to SS.  Just a strange move for a team that seems hesitant to add players at positions they actually needed. 

• Upvote 2

🤷‍♂️

Who knows man. They said they were looking for a lefty 2B but it was not a high priority. I guess he technically plays some OF too.

Maybe this means there's a trade in the works? That would be the rosy way to look at it. 

Otherwise, I see him splitting time with Urias right now I guess? 

• Upvote 2

Now I’m really confused. Weren’t we planning on going with what we already have and evaluating our young guys?

Aren’t we already overcrowded in the infield?

What purpose does this serve? For 8 million dollars? I thought we were broke (or at least that’s what they’ve been telling us) why waste money on mediocrity?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, interloper said:

🤷‍♂️

Who knows man. They said they were looking for a lefty 2B but it was not a high priority. I guess he technically plays some OF too.

Maybe this means there's a trade in the works? That would be the rosy way to look at it. 

Otherwise, I see him splitting time with Urias right now I guess? 

I'd do the trade first then sign him.  I don't think anyone else was matching 1/8 for his services.

Just now, eddie83 said:

Obvious question is does this make someone available for trade. Have to see what comes out of this. 

I think it makes Urias kind of redundant so hopefully this was done to let them trade him for some pitching help. Otherwise I honestly don't know hat Elias is doing. Frazier has had some solid OBP years in his past, so maybe that's why they were interested in him?