Eovaldi signed with Rangers per Moose

wildcard

8 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

They keep running that stupid quote on WBAL promoting the Orioles where Elias says " the wall will help us get more free agent pitchers to come here".

Folks disagreed when I said it would be at most a tertiary concern. 

Of course the first step to signing any free agent pitcher is to actually make an offer.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Of course the first step to signing any free agent pitcher is to actually make an offer.

Don’t recall specifics but Elias did say I think this off-season about being a better place for a 1 year deal. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Money,money ,money.

Ter Tiary might be one of the last  free agent pitchers. I like the way the ball comes out of his hand. Of course if it came out of another part  of his body might be good for their low attendance. 

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

This is the classic case of making yourself look bad. Don’t make promises you can’t keep.

Now is it possible a Wacha or someone else pitches like a 3? Sure. 

Do you know that a better pitcher than Eovaldi won't come in a trade?

4 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

This is the classic case of making yourself look bad. Don’t make promises you can’t keep.

Now is it possible a Wacha or someone else pitches like a 3? Sure. 

Happened to me at the holidays. Told my girlfriend I was getting her a gift certificate to a nice restaurant.  She thought Ruth Chris but I thought McDonald's. 

Edited by Going Underground

This is what Elias said in October according to The Athletic.

We’re not going to force it, but we feel that the time is right from a strategic standpoint. In fact, the time is pressing to do that now that we have the foundation of the top farm system in baseball and a major-league team that is young and talented and now with a .500-plus record,” Elias said. “This is the time to start to make more significant investments in the major-league payroll whether that comes in the form of free agents or kind of buy-side trades, I don’t know yet, but I would expect one, if not both of those types of those activities from us.”

This is where the cynic in all of us says, “We’ll believe it when we see it.”