NRI list for ST

Sports Guy

7 hours ago, SteveA said:

I think 30 is a bit higher # than we normally have for non-roster invitees.   There will be 70 guys in camp by Feb 23!   Of course we have at least 4 guys leaving for the WBC the first week of March, and Vespi is probably sidelined for most of camp.

I think it was more like 26 in the past, and it's actually up to 31 now with the addition of Darwinzon Hernandez. So 71 players to start off!! Should be fun.

6 hours ago, forphase1 said:

Do we legitimately think any of these guys could impress enough to crack the opening day roster?

Probably not and that's a good thing.  In years past it would seem that there would be a few spots wide open where you could see a NRI make it, just more evidence of a thin roster to begin with.

I don't see that this year unless there are injuries.

57 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Got to imagine he will get at least 5-10 more AA starts at the very least in 2023.

At least.   He’s only pitched six AA games.  I’d say he’s on the Rom plan and will make 18+ starts in AA before they consider moving him up, unless he’s super-dominant.  

17 hours ago, forphase1 said:

Do we legitimately think any of these guys could impress enough to crack the opening day roster?

The last bench spot will be a lefty who can backup at 1B... and probably on the NRI list, unless it's Vavra. The last bullpen spot is probably on the 40-man, but Hernandez will get a shot at it.

10 hours ago, Orioles0615 said:

I can't wait for 3 games to be on MASN

At least we can count on some O's opponents to televise some of the O's ST games.  The March 9th & March 20th games will be televised by the Phillies.

Edited by rm5678
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We don’t have very many realistic SP options in our organization, so I hope we really let these guys develop and don’t rush them. 

I guess you mean in the minors.  There are 7-11 realistic starters on the O's major league roster.

8 hours ago, sevastras said:

When it comes to Holliday, Gunnar said he benefited from the camp he was at with big leaguers during the whole COVID thing. Jackson should be in camp as long as possible if he performs and is going to be up next year. 

If the past is prologue, he won’t be in camp that long.  Sometime during the first week of games he’ll be gone.