Jackson Holliday 2023

Sports Guy

Holliday with 3 balls hit over 100 MPH today.  His quality of contact is so good, its crazy to think what will transpire when he adds his man strength (hopefully that matching his dad).  His current max EV in the tiniest of sample sizes is 103, less than Myles Straw and Steven Kwan, had me a bit worried, but seeing him consistently put up 100+EVs demonstrates that the peak EVs should just keep growing with age.

its scary to think about that packaged with an elite eye and bat skills!

5 minutes ago, nvpacchi said:

Holliday with 3 balls hit over 100 MPH today.  His quality of contact is so good, its crazy to think what will transpire when he adds his man strength (hopefully that matching his dad).  His current max EV in the tiniest of sample sizes is 103, less than Myles Straw and Steven Kwan, had me a bit worried, but seeing him consistently put up 100+EVs demonstrates that the peak EVs should just keep growing with age.

its scary to think about that packaged with an elite eye and bat skills!

I think he needs to elevate his launch angle a bit.

• Upvote 1

On 9/26/2023 at 10:18 PM, TheWall said:

You're way overshooting at 85%. 

On 9/26/2023 at 10:25 PM, RZNJ said:

Agreed.   I’d say it’s about 10%.   

On 9/26/2023 at 11:15 PM, sevastras said:

I would bet a bushel of crabs he is on the opening days roster barring injury.  Quite frankly , I would bet $5k he is again barring injury. 

Holy crap man, I'd be careful with that bet. I'm not sure you understand how Elias does things and why it makes very little sense for Holiday to be on the opening day roster in 2024. 

I will not say it's impossible, because with the right amount of injuries it's not, but Elias knows he has to pay these guys at some point and not going to want them all coming up at the same time to be paid within a year or two.

With Westburg and Ortiz, he doesn't need Holliday yet and he may want him to work on defense at SS and 2B more in AAA.

Plus I love crabs! :D 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Holy crap man, I'd be careful with that bet. I'm not sure you understand how Elias does things and why it makes very little sense for Holiday to be on the opening day roster in 2024. 

I will not say it's impossible, because with the right amount of injuries it's not, but Elias knows he has to pay these guys at some point and not going to want them all coming up at the same time to be paid within a year or two.

With Westburg and Ortiz, he doesn't need Holliday yet and he may want him to work on defense at SS and 2B more in AAA.

Plus I love crabs! :D 

I believe Holliday makes the opening day roster, he was rushed through the minor leagues with a purpose....His left handed bat to ball skills out trumps Westburg or Ortiz as righties at  Camden Yards so yes he's needed to replace Frazier as a left hand hitting middle infielder

Winning the ROY has been pretty tough to do recently.  Julio Rodriguez won ROY and finished 7th in MVP voting.  Gunnar might be close to that.  The extra draft pick is worth a lot, but so is that extra year of control. Elias was prepared to add him in this September if need be.  I think that's why he got promoted to AAA when he did.  However, Elias didn't have to break the glass for an emergency, and I think he keeps him down for the extra year of control.  Who knows how much Holliday's 2030 season will be worth come then?  Probably a lot more than dumping depth to add him out of ST and a dart throw at the 31st pick in the draft.