2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

Mateo batting 7th and Mountcastle 3rd.  Sig's computer isn't buying into the new Mateo?  I like Mateo 9th, puts Mullins and Mateo back to back in front of Adley.  You could definitely make a case for Mateo 3rd and Mountcastle 7th.  Mountcastle has probably been the O's worst hitter outside of 2 games. 

1 minute ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Mateo batting 7th and Mountcastle 3rd.  Sig's computer isn't buying into the new Mateo?  I like Mateo 9th, puts Mullins and Mateo back to back in front of Adley.  You could definitely make a case for Mateo 3rd and Mountcastle 7th.  Mountcastle has probably been the O's worst hitter outside of 2 games. 

So far (only) .808 and .545 in the 5th/6th experiments. I'd rather have him hitting 1.000 in 7-9 than .700 in the middle. Keep him where he's hot until he isn't. 

24 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

So far (only) .808 and .545 in the 5th/6th experiments. I'd rather have him hitting 1.000 in 7-9 than .700 in the middle. Keep him where he's hot until he isn't. 

I like Mateo having the mental attitude, I need to get on base and score runs.  I think when Mateo has the I need to hit HR attitude, it screws him up.  I know last year he had some hot stretches and then started swinging for the fences.  It seemed to really mess with his swing. 

7 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Don't they face a few lefties the next few days? Maybe just giving Stowers some at bats. 

Fried tomorrow (he would have gone today, rotation-wise, but Atlanta inserted a 6th starter to push Fried to our series).

And McClanahan in one of the first two Tampa games.

10 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I like Mateo 1,2 or 9. Give me the speed with speed to manufacture runs. I don't like to block speed guys with slow guys in front of them who could potentially hold them up on the bases.

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

I like Mateo 1,2 or 9. Give me the speed with speed to manufacture runs. I don't like to block speed guys with slow guys in front of them who could potentially hold them up on the bases.

I vote for 9 because I don't want him feeling the pressure to drive in runs. I want him getting on base and wreaking havoc, dancing off 1st to draw 2 throws and then causing a balk or taking such a lead he can take 2nd without drawing a throw. Please leave him at the bottom so the new found approach can become muscle memory.