2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

Anticipating complaints about RMC batting clean-up, he's been 13 for 43 (.302) with 6 doubles since April 21st. Room for improvement: 16 K and only 2 BBs and one game out of the 17 in wch he's hit a home run (two on May 2 vs. KC).

Does Hyde get creative with the lineup today knowing that they’re throwing a LH opener then a righty Bulk reliever?

1. Hays LF R

2. Adley C S

3. Santa DH S

4. Mounty 1B R

5. Mullins CF L

6. Mateo SS R

7. Gunnar 3B L

8. Frazier 2B L

9. Stowers RF L

McKenna, Vavra, McCann, O’Hearn

It’s too big of a game to DH Adley. Off day tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, waroriole said:

I’m sure Hyder will start McCann, either at C or DH. You know, because LHP. Regardless of how long they’ll pitch. But will bat him high in the order so he can bat against the LH opener. 

I have a feeling he will, but we do have an off day tomorrow. But really, is McCann more valuable than any other bat on the bench?  

Hyde has been waiting years to be able to make creative lineups. The Rays only have one lefty in their pen. Poche. Is he banged up from slipping in game 1?  

Hmm 18 minutes and no one has bitched about Frazier batting fifth again yet.  OH is losing its edge!

I like this lineup construction a lot.  These opener situations, which we haven't really seen yet this year, make having those couple of switch hitters near the top that much more valuable.  Cedric being so much better v LHP this year so far helps too.

• Haha 1

Just now, Fiver6565 said:

Hmm 18 minutes and no one has bitched about Frazier batting fifth again yet.  OH is losing its edge!

I like this lineup construction a lot.  These opener situations, which we haven't really seen yet this year, make having those couple of switch hitters near the top that much more valuable.  Cedric being so much better v LHP this year so far helps too.

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

People just need to produce.  They're starting a Lefty, the goal is to not let him get through the lineup. once. 

Edited by sportsfan8703

14 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

People just need to produce.  They're starting a Lefty, the goal is to not let him get through the lineup. once. 

Good chance Tampa isn’t even planning on Beeks going through the lineup once. He’s already started a game this year where he faced 7 batters in 2 innings and was pulled despite not allowing any runs.