2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

4 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Tonight will probably be our first Gunnar + Westburg lineup....vs. a LHP, Gunnar is usually down some.

Thoroughbred v. thoroughbred....who do you guess will bat higher?

I can't answer who will bat higher, but I expect Gunnar is quite happy to have his buddy in Baltimore with him.

3 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Tonight will probably be our first Gunnar + Westburg lineup....vs. a LHP, Gunnar is usually down some.

Thoroughbred v. thoroughbred....who do you guess will bat higher?

I bet Gunnar is higher.  I would go with this lineup:

CF - Mullins

C - Rautschman

1B - Santander

LF - Hays

RF - Hicks

3B - Henderson

DH - Urias

2B - Westburg

SS - Mateo

I didn't realize until I went through this exercise that we are really a RH bat short against a lefty.  Mountcastle (1.017 versus LHP this year) if he is right would actually help this team.  It would push Santander to DH, Henderson to SS and Mateo out of the lineup.

• Upvote 1

Actual lineup for tonight

LF - Hays

C - Rautschman

DH - Santander

3B - Henderson

CF - Hicks

1B - Urias

2B - Westburg

RF - McKenna

SS - Mateo

I prefer Mullins playing and just don't understand what McKenna is even doing on the team at this point.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, The Goob said:

LF - Hays

C - Rautschman

DH - Santander

3B - Henderson

CF - Hicks

1B - Urias

2B - Westburg

RF - McKenna

SS - Mateo

I prefer Mullins playing and just don't understand what McKenna is even doing on the team at this point.

Is Mullins feeling sore still? I don't know why he would sit tonight. We're getting closer to my ideal lineup except for the 8th and 9th spot in the order.

Fzpui6XWYAc0R8I?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s

8 minutes ago, The Goob said:

LF - Hays

C - Rautschman

DH - Santander

3B - Henderson

CF - Hicks

1B - Urias

2B - Westburg

RF - McKenna

SS - Mateo

Mullins looked completely locked in last night. Hope he is OK and not an injury scratch of some kind. Maybe just easing him back in from rehab? That is the only thing that would make sense to me. 

22 minutes ago, The Goob said:

LF - Hays

C - Rautschman

DH - Santander

3B - Henderson

CF - Hicks

1B - Urias

2B - Westburg

RF - McKenna

SS - Mateo

Man if Mullins was in the outfield instead of McKenna (Mullins in center and Hicks in RF) and if we could put Mateo on the bench, this would be a dangerous and loaded lineup.  

17 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

I think they're just trying to ease Mullins back in and don't want to risk another injury.

i agree with this.  Coming back from an injury and LH on the mound, its a good time for a McKenna start.  If he's on the team, he's going to start occasionally, so might as well pick a good spot for him to do it, and those factors make now a good time.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, forphase1 said:

Man if Mullins was in the outfield instead of McKenna (Mullins in center and Hicks in RF) and if we could put Mateo on the bench, this would be a dangerous and loaded lineup.  

I think the O's/Elias bar for Mateo is ridiculously low.  It's obvious they only want Mateo and Gunnar as a backup option to play SS. 0.400 OPS for a month and a half is not enough for Mateo to lose his spot.  Is there a level of offense that is too bad?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Mateo out, Frazier and Westburg in. Henderson to SS. This might be our best lineup of the season.

Now we just need to get Frazier out of the lineup and make Westburg the everyday 2B. 

1B O'Hearn

2B Westburg

SS Gunnar

3B Urias

Will be solid against RHP. Eventually Ortiz should be given a chance to play SS everyday, and have Urias play some 1B. If O'Hearn turns back into a pumpkin, I'm super cool with Urias as the everyday 1B until Kjerstad is promoted.