Grayson Rodriguez 2023

Just Regular

Just now, Frobby said:

I don’t think “development” was the issue.  I don’t think there’s a poster here who didn’t think Grayson was fully developed and ready for the majors by late May 2022.   

The issue was that his command was way off his usual standard.  I’m glad he’s worked through it. Didn’t have a problem with the decision to send him down, or to call him up.  He’s certainly not going anywhere now. 

Yes and people said he can’t be up here working on that. That was always bs and it’s been proven to be bs.

• Upvote 2

• Tony-OH changed the title to Grayson Rodriguez 2023

Kind of a fun Door #1, Door #2 for the upcoming week - Saturday's doubleheader starters Kremer and Grayson cover the Thursday Friday games.

Friday looks like it could be Spencer Strider's turn for ATL; Thursday is the more mundane end of the Royals series.

7 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Kind of a fun Door #1, Door #2 for the upcoming week - Saturday's doubleheader starters Kremer and Grayson cover the Thursday Friday games.

Friday looks like it could be Spencer Strider's turn for ATL; Thursday is the more mundane end of the Royals series.

The only logic I could see in Kremer facing ATL is if they think they can use an extrawork day to help him out. Otherwise it’s a no brainer. Let him face KC 

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

The only logic I could see in Kremer facing ATL is if they think they can use an extrawork day to help him out. Otherwise it’s a no brainer. Let him face KC 

Correction - the grid I was looking at I believe missed ATL getting rained out again in New York today.

ESPN has it they'll throw Strider against the Mets tomorrow, so that would take him out of Friday.

Just now, Just Regular said:

Correction - the grid I was looking at I believe missed ATL getting rained out again in New York today.

ESPN has it they'll throw Strider against the Mets tomorrow, so that would take him out of Friday.

Ok. I would still say facing KC and ATL is a world of difference in theory at least. 

4 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Altanta was the World Series Champion 2 seasons ago. They're having a great season so far too. Playing them will be a real test. They have a great team across the roster.

Here’s hoping it ends up like Orioles series at the Braves in 1997. Orioles and Braves were two of the top teams in MLB record wise that season too and the Orioles swept the series 3-0.

That Braves team was also two seasons removed from winning the World Series. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

It’s so crazy that Grayson has come up here, even when he had been struggling and somehow had figured out how to get ML hitters out.

It’s almost as if development can still occur at this level.  Go figure!

Wish it was working better for Henderson.

30 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Here’s hoping it ends up like Orioles series at the Braves in 1997. Orioles and Braves were two of the top teams in MLB record wise that season too and the Orioles swept the series 3-0.

That Braves team was also two seasons removed from winning the World Series. 

Was that Sunday night game the one where we scored 20+ runs and Cal had 6 hits and 2 HR?

Interestingly, Rodriguez appears to have taken a little bit off velocity wise for the increased command. It will be interesting to see if that's what he did r if his velocity was just a bit down for whatever reason. Screenshot2023-05-01081237.thumb.png.faeb5aec703dd2cdf38add04ad33d249.png