Who’s your pick to have a career year?

Frobby

This is a tough one. First of all we have so many young players that not many of them even have a full year to best. 

I think Mullins and Bradish. Mullins probably won’t eclipse his 2021 numbers, but he’s poised for a big year. I think the WBC mattered, he’s going to come off of that being our co-captain with Adley. 

4 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

1: Mountcastle

2: Hays

3: Bautista. I know he's just getting started but I think he steps in and becomes a lock down closer. He really puts himself on the map this season.

Could definitely see this being Bautistas best year. He was someone I had considered.

14 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Since several people have chosen him, I have to ask: What does a career year for Gibson look like?

He's had 3 seasons in his career eclipsing 3 WAR, going as high as 3.5 WAR.

Does anybody really expect him to put up ~5 WAR this year?

Expect a 5 WAR?  Nah.  "Career years" aren't expected.  4+ is "reasonably" attainable.

4 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

Expect a 5 WAR?  Nah.  "Career years" aren't expected.  4+ is "reasonably" attainable.

It is?  20 pitchers had a 4 WAR season last year.  22 did it in 2021z

You think it’s reasonable to think Gibson could be one of the best 25 starters in all of MLB this year?

Santander put up a great showing in the WBC and looks locked in. I think he'll surpass what he did last year and look closer to his 2020 version with an OPS in the 800s. Hopefully with less time in the outfield, though in the WBC he looked a bit faster than I expected.

I also expect improvement from Mountcastle and Adley but they're young enough that I don't think this will be their peak.

• Upvote 2